Looking for a sci fi book i cant remember the title or author of

Tanic

It's a 90's (i think) sci fi book about a man waking up on a spaceship full of cohorts. He is not a prisoner tho. At some point one of pilots is blinded by the ship passing to close to a star or something cause the way the interface works. That pilot cant be disconnected and the man starts to learn to pilot the ship. After a meeting the ships crew takes part in a cohort civil war breaks out. That's as far as I made it as I lost the book in a house fire.

Can you please explain what you mean by 'cohorts'?
Are the spaceship people all the same age?
Are they all soldiers?

Please have a look at the guide at the top of this forum and see if it helps you recall anything else that might help us.
Cheers

Can you please explain what you mean by 'cohorts'?
Are the spaceship people all the same age?
Are they all soldiers?

Please have a look at the guide at the top of this forum and see if it helps you recall anything else that might help us.
Cheers
They were mainly soldiers if I recall. In the book they were referred to as cohorts tho. I think the were some kind of genetically modified soldiers but I'm really not sure. It wasn't cohort in the term of association or anything like that but what they were actually called. I dont recall age being mentioned but from what I remember there weren't any kids on the spaceship. It's been approximately 15 years since I read it and never got to finish it.

They were mainly soldiers if I recall. In the book they were referred to as cohorts tho. I think the were some kind of genetically modified soldiers but I'm really not sure. It wasn't cohort in the term of association or anything like that but what they were actually called. I dont recall age being mentioned but from what I remember there weren't any kids on the spaceship. It's been approximately 15 years since I read it and never got to finish it.
Might this be helpful? List of Supersoldiers in fiction

Some of this is similar to the book On My Way to Paradise by Dave Wolverton - genetically modified soldiers on a ship that mutiny, the MC waking up on the ship, not a prisoner.

I don't recall the detail about the pilot of the ship.

I asked about this in the forum here: (Found) Mutiny aboard a Japanese space ship en route to a war
There's a link in that post to another person asking about the book with still more details on a stackexchange post.

Thinking OP's "cohort" may be misremembered "chimera", which is what the super soldiers are called in the book.