The Human Thesaurus

Trollheart

Nothing Wicked This Way Comes...
I hang in the curtains and I sleep in your hat
Both to help us hone our writing skills and for fun.
Without referring to any dictionary or thesaurus, or other book, or online source, how many synonyms can you think of for the word?

Let's start off with something simple: BIG

Without using what's already listed...
Voluminous, superfluous, stellar (when used as a size comparison), omnipresent, colossal, jumbo-sized, plus-sized, super-sized, fun-sized (ok, so that might just be what I call my fat self...)... I'm sure I have more...

To add to what's gone before: substantial, over-sized, bloated, whopping, ginormous, bulbous.

Plus there are some adjectives for things that are large in (at least**) one dimension: long, wide, broad, deep, high, tall.

** - "At least" because they don't refer to the other dimensions.

I wondered about ginormous: is that a real word? I thought it was just an Irish thing, like we say a small little fella... we also refer to things as massive or savage when they're great, and if someone is gonna pulverise you you're gonna be mallevogued (pronounced as it sounds; Madonna with a big hammer)

Good ones, @Joshua Jones. I'd forgotten about voluminous.... "her voluminous apron"--always loved the look of that!

And @Ursa major 's "whopping". Another good one I can never remember off the cuff. (And that's coming from someone who, as a youngster, used to read the thesaurus for fun....)

I wondered about ginormous: is that a real word? I thought it was just an Irish thing, like we say a small little fella... we also refer to things as massive or savage when they're great, and if someone is gonna pulverise you you're gonna be mallevogued (pronounced as it sounds; Madonna with a big hammer)
Ginormous is a real word. Then again, I’m kind of Irish :D

funny, crowd-pleaser, comedy, Tom-Hanks-vehicle (that might be stretching the one word requirement), classic, feel-good
Uh, how are any of those related to big? Other than T-H-V, which I get. But the rest? No entender senor.
Ginormous is a real word. Then again, I’m kind of Irish :D
I'm Irish, and kind.

Back