Thoughts on The Last Jedi?

CriticalCarrot

From what I've seen The Last Jedi is a very polarising film, I've seen people that like it and I've seen people that hate it. I personally don't like it, I feel like it's filled with unlikable characters, it makes up rules on the spot that clash with the already established rules of the universe and I feel like Rey is way overpowered considering the amount of training that she had at that point.

I might have an opinion if I remembered the least thing about it. The whole Disney trilogy is just so unmemorable.

It wasn't perfect film by any definition but it's still way better then the Lucas prequels.

Oh I agree, they take a lot out of the ambiguous nature of Vader but I have to say that Episode 3 is a great film.

The biggest problem I have is the notion that all these powerful Jedi including including the great Yoda were so oblivious to the fact that the Chancellor was Darth Sideous? They couldn't see that he was orchatrating the separatist war? Anyone with half a brain would been on to him a long time go . But then again ther wee no brains in the Jedi councilor. This make no sense . and the fact that Anakin stupidly believed Palapatine's promises of keeping Amadala alive and safe after seeing him action ? He has got to be one of the most idiotic characters in the star war universe for being taken in that easily and do tell me he was brainwashed he stilll knew right from wrong. And then there is the fight in the lava chamber with him Obi wan . first of all, that whole fight even with Jedi powers is not possible, they both would died from the heat and fumes and there is no possible e way that Anakin should have survived that kind of burning accident , logically he should died from those injuries.

Overall , the writing in this film stunk.

The biggest problem I have is the notion that all these powerful Jedi including including the great Yoda were so oblivious to the fact that the Chancellor was Darth Sideous? They couldn't see that he was orchatrating the separatist war? Anyone with half a brain would been on to him a long time go . But then again ther wee no brains in the Jedi councilor. This make no sense . and the fact that Anakin stupidly believed Palapatine's promises of keeping Amadala alive and safe after seeing him action ? He has got to be one of the most idiotic characters in the star war universe for being taken in that easily and do tell me he was brainwashed he stilll knew right from wrong. And then there is the fight in the lava chamber with him Obi wan . first of all, that whole fight even with Jedi powers is not possible, they both would died from the heat and fumes and there is no possible e way that Anakin should have survived that kind of burning accident , logically he should died from those injuries.

Overall , the writing in this film stunk.
You have to keep in mind that Anakin was highly skilled in the force, he used his force power to keep himself alive and that's in canon.

I thought Christopher Lee was onto the emperor being a Sith but the Jedi wouldn't believe him or something?

Either way, the whole franchise is hyped up way more than it ever deserved. The first 3 films were great (for their time) and then just got progressively dumber and more retconned and more fanboyist as it went along.

Give me a fresh universe any day over recycled plots and settings.

I thought Christopher Lee was onto the emperor being a Sith but the Jedi wouldn't believe him or something?

Either way, the whole franchise is hyped up way more than it ever deserved. The first 3 films were great (for their time) and then just got progressively dumber and more retconned and more fanboyist as it went along.

Give me a fresh universe any day over recycled plots and settings.

Somebody other then Goerge Lucas should have written the prequels and somebody other then him should have directed them.

The whole storyline was pretty much trash with nothing making sense even in the originals.

Don't get me started on the Empire blowing up an Empire planet (one of the richest core worlds) as a demonstration of their power of a station that cost the economic output of hundreds of worlds.

Too late...
It achieved nothing but to antagonise and galvanise a minor resistance group.
For the same price and way less risk (I mean a second deathstar... really?), they could have just positioned star destroyers over every world which could have killed everyone on the planets just as easily (while keeping the resources intact).
Not to mention Palpatine secured the senate through political manoeuvrings (he'd know better than to act like that).

I liked telekenetic space samurais as much as the next guy but that's pretty much all the franchise has ever had going for it. I wore out my vhs of episode 6 when I was younger (so I did like it), but the world doesn't hold up to any scrutiny at all, and that shows in the prequels, sequels, and spin-offs (although I do hear good things about the clone wars and the new Manadalorian one).

Edit: I will give Lucas and Co credit for the first film though, that had an excellent story arc and they knew how to put it together well.

The whole storyline was pretty much trash with nothing making sense even in the originals.

Don't get me started on the Empire blowing up an Empire planet (one of the richest core worlds) as a demonstration of their power of a station that cost the economic output of hundreds of worlds.

Too late...
It achieved nothing but to antagonise and galvanise a minor resistance group.
For the same price and way less risk (I mean a second deathstar... really?), they could have just positioned star destroyers over every world which could have killed everyone on the planets just as easily (while keeping the resources intact).
Not to mention Palpatine secured the senate through political manoeuvrings (he'd know better than to act like that).

I liked telekenetic space samurais as much as the next guy but that's pretty much all the franchise has ever had going for it. I wore out my vhs of episode 6 when I was younger (so I did like it), but the world doesn't hold up to any scrutiny at all, and that shows in the prequels, sequels, and spin-offs (although I do hear good things about the clone wars and the new Manadalorian one).

Edit: I will give Lucas and Co credit for the first film though, that had an excellent story arc and they knew how to put it together well.

The biggest mistake he made was that he stopped directing films. He should have kept on directing movies .