(Found) Looking for a book I read between 2017 and 2020 post pandemic virus carried by rats

Blue Adventurine

I read a book that takes place after a pandemic caused by a virus carried by rats. There is a woman who cares for a child who is insulin dependent. They are in Ireland (I think) and waiting for the nuclear powered ship from Iceland to deliver more insulin. The woman dries seaweed to get the salt, grows vegetables. I believe she has a computer.
For some reason, I don't think the book starts out in Ireland.
Iceland survived the pandemic better than the rest of the world because their borders are easier to control and they have nuclear power.
I know that the book is fiction, but I don't know if it qualifies as science fiction so I apologize if I'm looking in the wrong place and send my thanks in advance for any help you can give.

I read a book that takes place after a pandemic caused by a virus carried by rats. There is a woman who cares for a child who is insulin dependent. They are in Ireland (I think) and waiting for the nuclear powered ship from Iceland to deliver more insulin. The woman dries seaweed to get the salt, grows vegetables. I believe she has a computer.
For some reason, I don't think the book starts out in Ireland.
Iceland survived the pandemic better than the rest of the world because their borders are easier to control and they have nuclear power.
I know that the book is fiction, but I don't know if it qualifies as science fiction so I apologize if I'm looking in the wrong place and send my thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Some of this reminds me of the final section of David Mitchell's The Bone Clocks - it's set in Ireland after a global collapse and the protagonist is trying to find insulin for a diabetic child she is looking after, she eventually manages to get him passage on a ship from Iceland who have survived the global collapse better than most other places. It also doesn't start in Ireland, it hops around the globe a bit but begins in Kent decades earlier. However, one big discrepancy is that the collapse was due to climate change not a pandemic so I'm not sure if it's what you're looking for.

Oops! I forgot to come back and let you know that it IS the book I was looking for. Thanks again for finding it. Thanks for not being a jerk about the parts that I remembered incorrectly. And, thanks to whoever it was that marked it as "found". Happy reading!