DISCUSSION THREAD JULY 2020 75-WORD WRITING CHALLENGE

And we start with a mystery.
I hope this one gets revealed, unlike the 'What am I?" in last month's challenge. That still puzzles me.

(I'm also confused by the new mystery this month because roulette numbers don't go as high as 53)

I've solved this one, but I won't reveal the answer - very clever, Victoria!

Danny, I think you need to table your original line of inquiry, if you want to find the answer.;)

I like the genre/theme pairing; I have a story concept that seems impossible to keep anywhere near 75 words, but we shall see.

@Victoria Silverwolf .... Death on Venus: A Solve-It-Yourself Mystery .... Victoria leaves me muttering as she writes a code that is beyond my ability to break. (mutters: periodic table, zip code, alphabet ..... )

@Margaret Note Spelling .... Fairypower .... Margaret gives us an early contender for the most humorous story with an inventor's name which just left me giggling --- err, no, I'm a guy, I chuckle!

------

Okay gang! The bar has been set too high to be believed. May the force be with us as we try to compete!

Thanks (merci) to the hints I solved it.

There still ain't no roulette table with numbers that high, (unless they have their own system on Venus)
Very clever but :)

Last edited:
@Bren G .... The Debacle at Delphi .... Bren points to the serious consequences of being just a bit hard of hearing.

470fb8.jpg

@Victoria Silverwolf

Had this turning in my head at bedtime and it wormed its way into my dreams last night. Woke up with it lodged in mind before the 'Rosetta Stone' hit me over morning coffee. It was short work after that. Well done!

@Perpetual Man .... Science, Magic, Discover - The Full Monty .... Perp writes a story full of media allusions, but the one that makes me shudder is the one in the title.

@Land Under Wave .... "Beginner's Piece" .... L.U.W. tells us a story that begs for acceptance, in more than one way.
Nice first entry!

@Guttersnipe .... "Powers Are Not For Playing" ....
When teachers can settle arguments and forge a new harmony, you know you are in Elemental School.

Margaret Note Spelling explores the connection between technology and faith.

Bren G reminds us to pay attention to all the little details.

Perpetual Man delineates the dangers of being too far ahead of one's time.

Land Under Wave depicts the passion of the artist for the work].

Guttersnipe teaches that talents must be with with grace and skill.

Cat's Cradle portrays the great psychological power of ritual.

Provincial warns of the tragic results of neglecting the environment.

Elckerlyc describes the chaotic joy of innocent play.

@Cat's Cradle .... Holy Mass .... The Cat shows us that while the form of what makes someone wealthy is elemental, so too is the con game.

@Provincial .... A Meeting of Minds .... Prov makes us question whether the lemming myth is perhaps a truth for humanity.

@Elckerlyc .... On A Lazy Sunday Afternoon .... Is there anything so universal as offspring finding a way to blow off some steam?