DISCUSSION THREAD JULY 2020 75-WORD WRITING CHALLENGE

dannymcg

"Pip" "Pop" "Bim" "Bam"
And we start with a mystery.
I hope this one gets revealed, unlike the 'What am I?" in last month's challenge. That still puzzles me.

(I'm also confused by the new mystery this month because roulette numbers don't go as high as 53)

Cat's Cradle

Time, now, to read...
Supporter
I've solved this one, but I won't reveal the answer - very clever, Victoria!

Danny, I think you need to table your original line of inquiry, if you want to find the answer.;)

I like the genre/theme pairing; I have a story concept that seems impossible to keep anywhere near 75 words, but we shall see.

Parson

This world is not my home
Supporter
@Victoria Silverwolf .... Death on Venus: A Solve-It-Yourself Mystery .... Victoria leaves me muttering as she writes a code that is beyond my ability to break. (mutters: periodic table, zip code, alphabet ..... )

@Margaret Note Spelling .... Fairypower .... Margaret gives us an early contender for the most humorous story with an inventor's name which just left me giggling --- err, no, I'm a guy, I chuckle!

------

Okay gang! The bar has been set too high to be believed. May the force be with us as we try to compete!

dannymcg

"Pip" "Pop" "Bim" "Bam"
Thanks (merci) to the hints I solved it.

There still ain't no roulette table with numbers that high, (unless they have their own system on Venus)
Very clever but :)

Last edited:

Parson

This world is not my home
Supporter
@Bren G .... The Debacle at Delphi .... Bren points to the serious consequences of being just a bit hard of hearing.

Bren G

@Victoria Silverwolf

Had this turning in my head at bedtime and it wormed its way into my dreams last night. Woke up with it lodged in mind before the 'Rosetta Stone' hit me over morning coffee. It was short work after that. Well done!