What's your Top 5 episodes of the revival?

CriticalCarrot

My personal top 5 is

S4 EP17 'The Waters of Mars'
S7 EP15 'The Day of the Doctor'
S8 EP8 'Mummy on the Orient Express'
S1 EP8 'Father's Day'
S2 EP6 and 7 'Rise of the Cybermen' and 'Age of Steel'

What are your favourites?

Mine are going to be mostly double episodes and I can't remember the proper episode titles:

The Gas Mask Kids ( "Are you my mummy?" ) series 1
The Satan Pit! Series 2! Nearly forgot that one! ( "DON'T turn around..." )
Blink series 3
The Library series 4

Can I have ten?

The Doctor's Wife (The one with the anthropomorphicised tardis) series 6
The Husbands of River Song series 9
Extremis series 10
Utopia * series 3
Midnight series 4
The Nightmare in Silver series 7

Sorry, you said five but there are just too many really really good ones!

*When Utopia broadcast I was living by myself, as the end credits rolled my eyes were the size of saucers and my jaw was on the floor. The spoilers for next week wooshed over my head as I just stared at the telly. I turned it off and went to the pub. On the way my phone went off. Text, from my brother, open: DID YOU JUST WATCH DOCTOR WHO!!? Wow. Best. Cliffhanger. Ever.

Blink (with (barely any) David Tennant) is definitely my favourite.
Heaven Sent (with Peter Capaldi) is another that sticks in the memory.

Otherwise, there have been many excellent episodes, and I'm not sure. Looking through the IMDb ratings, these two stand out:

Journey's End
The Empty Child

There was barely a bad episode during the Eccleston and Tennant years, and the first couple for Matt Smith.

I think Blink is an all-timer, so for variety's sake my next five would be:

Human Nature/Family of Blood (I think Tennant's performance is brilliant)
The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances (To me, the first episodes of the revival that were truly great and Eccleston is...fantastic)
The Girl in the Fireplace (I enjoyed Tennant in this, and really liked the idea of intersecting into different times in one person's life)
Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead
Asylum of the Daleks (These last two are ones that I enjoyed a lot when I first saw them but felt even more resonant on later viewings)

Yes, I'll add my vote to blink and the other episode with the Weeping Angels.

1. "Army of Ghosts"/"Doomsday"
2. "School Reunion"
3. "Bad Wolf"/"The Parting of the Ways"
4. "New Earth"
5. "The Girl in the Fireplace"

I recently started watching the revival series, and, so far, I've only seen the first two series.

Last edited:
“Love And Monsters”. Marc Warren is fantastic, even Peter Kay (who I usually can’t stand) is good enough, there’s a bit of off-colour humour, and just enough of the Doctor for it to qualify as a Doctor Who episode. I love the, I dunno, sociological theme which is about elective communities, very relevant here of course!

1. "Army of Ghosts"/"Doomsday"
2. "School Reunion"
3. "Bad Wolf"/"The Parting of the Ways"
4. "New Earth"
5. "The Girl in the Fireplace"

I recently started watching the revival series, and, so far, I've only seen the first two series.

A a good list. Amy of Ghosts and Doomsday both have lost of great moments, The First encounter between the Daleks and Cybermen was Priceless ! :D

1. army of ghosts/doomsday (David Tennant) from season 2
2. the empty child/the doctor dances (Christopher Eccleston) from season 1
3. bad wolf/parting of the ways (Christopher Eccleston) from season1
4.blink (David Tennant) from season 3; and
5.utopia/the sound of drums/the last of the time lords (David Tennant) from season 3