Ideas for the casting of the 14th Doctor?

I'm actually open to the idea of another woman being cast - who I'm not sure.

It's not that I don't think a woman could play The Doctor, it's just that choosing someone who'd never seen an episode before, saddling her with terrible writing, and making her character so..... bleagh! mean that Jodie Whittaker is most definitely NOT that woman.

Ace, I'd add that the word 'fam' should be forbidden on pain of death.

I wouldn't want a 14th Doctor. In my opinion we need an alternate sequel to the original classic era with a new 9th Doctor, set in an alternate universe. We can still have the new who Doctors crossing over into this universe for the odd crossover, like DC Comics with their earth 1 and earth 2 stuff, but we need a new clean slate after the Timeless Children, Missy, Cyber Brig and so on.

I think this is the way to go for the franchise. We get multiple sequels to the classic era, with the classic era being the one, true canon. It's up to you to decide which if any of the sequels is the true sequel, but all the sequels take place in the same multiverse. (Though even then I'd write Jodie out of the new who universe, as she messes up New Who as a show in its own right.)

Personally I'd prefer an animated Doctor Who series. That could be quite a good way of breaking people into the idea of a new universe, and making it more sci fi and less soap opera like the revival.

As for who I'd cast as the 9th Doctor in either live action or animation I'd go for.

Julian Barratt, a British actor best known for starring in The Mighty Boosh would make a great Doctor. Julian has that Patrick Troughton quality to him, the scruffy, eccentric, bumblingish quality, but he could bring a lot new to it as well.

Julian Richings who is best known for playing Death in Supernatural, I think would bring a real Hartnellesque quality to it. He'd capture the age, wisdom and gravitas of the character.

Robert Carlyle would also be a really crazy, Tom Baker style Doctor.

I'm actually open to the idea of another woman being cast - who I'm not sure.

It's not that I don't think a woman could play The Doctor, it's just that choosing someone who'd never seen an episode before, saddling her with terrible writing, and making her character so..... bleagh! mean that Jodie Whittaker is most definitely NOT that woman.

I'm against a female Doctor, simply because I think it jars and doesn't fit with the previous male Doctors.

That said if I had to, Morgana Robinson would be a good choice. She is a comedy actress, who is quite good at playing big, mad, shamelessly over the top characters LOL.

You should check out her performance in Toast of London as Peter Davison's girlfriend. That had me on the floor in stitches.

She'd be better as Romana though.

In my opinion we need an alternate sequel to the original classic era with a new 9th Doctor, set in an alternate universe.

Back in the early 90's I dreamed of rebooting Dr Who, and this is exactly what I would have done. On the one hand, it opens more possibilities, on the other it avoids inconsistencies in the timeline

I once had the crazy idea that when the Doctor reached the end of his regenerations (yes, I know they changed the rules) that his final regeneration would be into the William Hartnell doctor. (I thought David Bradley did a decent job in The Doctor Falls)

Then the whole saga could start again.

I was wondering what ideas you all had for the casting of the 14th Doctor, I personally think it'd be cool if Michael Sheen took the mantle of the doctor, I feel like he could deliver the witty and damaged performance that's needed for The Doctor. Whoever is cast as the 14th Doctor will hopefully give us some great episodes to make up for the sh*t show that was Jodie Whittaker's run as The Doctor.
Casting David Bradley would steer the IP back towards DW’s roots which was darker and targeted a more mature audience base. An ‘Unearthly Child‘ was incredible and far ahead of its time.

Deep down, in the secret corners of our subconscious mind, we'd all like it to be Elton John wouldn't we?

Well we would, wouldn't we?

*Cold sweat breaks out*

Come on guys, be honest, we really would like it, wouldn't we?

Guys?

Guys?

Deep down, in the secret corners of our subconscious mind, we'd all like it to be Elton John wouldn't we?

Well we would, wouldn't we?

*Cold sweat breaks out*

Come on guys, be honest, we really would like it, wouldn't we?

Guys?

Guys?