☡Secret Shutin Santa Signup 19 ☡ Post Story Requests Here

Just submitted my story, but since it is typed on my iPad I don’t know how many words are in it. Does anyone know of any safe software I can download to do the counting for me?

Anyway, it’s only four pages long, but that’s still way over my objective of 501 words. Darn it.

I'm aiming to finish writing this story this weekend. Please be warned, though, that I have terrible aim.

Just submitted my story, but since it is typed on my iPad I don’t know how many words are in it. Does anyone know of any safe software I can download to do the counting for me?

Anyway, it’s only four pages long, but that’s still way over my objective of 501 words. Darn it.
Don't worry about the only. Mine was 'only' 1200. Kittens can be as lovable as cats :)

You can copy and paste it into an online word counter. There's dozens.
And no downloads means no bad software installed.

Why didn't I get a drawing, eh? Didn't send in enough words? Sent them in too early, so didn't need stimulation? Considered me imaginary so I didn't require bribing? I might sulk, or even worse, might send more stories…

Why didn't I get a drawing, eh? Didn't send in enough words? Sent them in too early, so didn't need stimulation? Considered me imaginary so I didn't require bribing? I might sulk, or even worse, might send more stories…
No one things your imaginary... just not a human... or at least not a separate human from other staff members! I lean more toward the former theory...

The drawing was a prize in the dance off battle originally. Did you participate? Alternatively it was was an incentive for posting a word count.

ANY ways I actually did a drawing for you. I also have one for Victoria and anyone else that didn't get one posted already.
Speak up if you want one and I didn't post yours.
All complaints will be examined by a team of expert literary cats and filed in the special container with the sand atop.
The complaint the cats choose to "annoint" in the manner of that classic game, cow bingo, will be dealt with first.

And of course while you may hear rumours that I didn't't post your drawing because it was distracting you from the pack of us raiding your biscuit bin, the trail of crumbs leading back to this thread notwithstanding I completely deny any activities of the sort.
And I'm sticking to that. (Hides pilfered biscuits in jumper pocket.)

I have been working on this for you actually.
IMG_20200803_052933.jpg

Yes, I missed that mark entirely and hit myself in the eye somehow.
Are your eyes all right?
If you did hit one of them with something you should get yourself an appointment to have your retinas and sclaras examined by a properly qualified ophamologist for any internal tearing or bleeding. One can have stage two retinal detachment with only a small hitch in vision quality from such small injuries and go about for years skating on the brink of blindness unawares.
It's important that an eye doctor or eye surgeon does the checking. A general practitioner doesn't have the equipment necessary. Warning signs of internal eye injury are purple vision hazes, black spots and floaters, (usually clear masses), widening of shadows and loss or fading of colour, and light flares and rainbowing.

I hope you are well.

Finished. 5600 words. Will submit after an edit pass.

That's wonderful news! Congratulations!

By the way, you're such a talented artist, @Mad Alice! Are you a professional?
Thank you!
I do try though as I've said results may vary.
I believe the term therefore is "aspiring". As in "aspire", to seek to become, from the Latin "to breathe life into", to breathe spirit into, to create, to inspire, to free the soul, to seek out the touch of the divine. At any rate I have taken the free classes at the community center and been through various workshop tutorials put on by the local art supply store. But I'm very much aware that any kid playing about with paint shop on their iPad could surpass my effort of weeks in a few minutes between bouts of candy crush and angry birds.

Pages is your friend here

Back