Recommendations for Sci-Fi TV?

I usually only watch Sci-Fi films and I'd like to get into some Sci-Fi TV and was wondering if you guys had some recommendations for me?

I've seen every Star Trek so no need to recommend any of those.

Land Under Wave

Incorrigible Fantasist
I'd recommend 'Stargate Atlantis'--it ran for five seasons, and it has an overarching sci-fi survival/military-op story-line interspersed with stand-alone episodes. Dynamic character relationships, witty dialogue, and the Lost City of Atlantis stuck in a galaxy far, far away....

Here's a link to the Season 1 trailer on youtube, if I've piqued your interest.

BAYLOR

There Are Always new Things to Learn.
Babylon 5. This iis series with an over conturing story race from season 1 to 5. Its one the greatest science series of all time . There B5 film I don't recommend seeing any of them save one The Gathering. This film foreshadows what takes place in the series . one world of warning the Gathering is not a great film its no where near as good as the series that follows it . of the the other films see those after you see the series because thye would give away the storyline in the series. I will give you some background. Babylon a space station a bit like the United nation , it was founded 10 years after the earth Mimbari wars in which the Mimbari were winning and were about to Annilate Earth . Then at Earth last stand which is called The Balle of Line. The Mimbari surrender and didn't; explain why. Of the station itself, its called Babylon 5 for a very good reason, Babylon station 1 -3 were destroyed yt sabotage . Babylon 4 disappeared 24 hours after becoming fully operational . The station is self is like the United Nations and it's purpose it to prevent an other disastrous wa.r the main security council on B5 is lead by Earth, Th Mimbari. The Narn and Centuri and then ther are the Vorlons who are bay far the most powerful. The forlorn are vey engnamitc they wear encounter suite so no one in living memory knows what Vorlon looks like. The man commanding the station Commander Jeffrey Sinclair fought on the Battle of the line was captured by the Mimbari but has no recollection f that and has several house of his like that he cannot account for . There is lot more to it.

Rodders

|-O-| (-O-) |-O-|
Supporter
A second for Babylon 5. it Is genius.

I also loved Farscape. It’s quirky, but very good. Lots of humour.

Battlestar Galactica (Ronald D. Moore’s reboot, not the original), is also excellent.

I liked Dark Matter and Killjoys.

Space: Above and Beyond is worth watching, but it was cut short at only one series.

If you fancy getting angry at a network, give Firefly a go. Again, cut short well before it’s prime at only one series.

I haven’t seen many, so I’m going to binge watch Dr. Who over the coming weeks.

MarcUK001

Marc J
Well i would look at,
Babylon 5,
The Expanse,
Battlestar Galactica ( Reboot)
Firefly,
Blakes 7 . Its really old, but the characters are really good. Found it on YouTube.
Take a look at the Man in the High Castle & Fringe for something else.

Elckerlyc

Achieved Score: "None Correct"
Blakes 7
Farscape
Firefly
The Expanse
Stargate SG1
Stargate Atlantis
Andromeda (wasn't really of favorite of mine, but it may be worth to give it a try)

Vince W

Towel Champion
Supporter
Most of my favourites have already been mentioned, but I'll add a few.

Space: 1999. Only two series and pretty much coloured by childhood memories, but worth checking out.
UFO. Another Gerry Anderson production but made before the above.
Seaquest DSV. I really enjoyed this series but it ended abruptly on a cliffhanger.
Red Dwarf. A classic comedy science fiction series that just had a special air this spring.
Quantum Leap. A wonderful time travel series.
Doctor Who. Of course.

Trollheart

Where do you start? Well, another vote for Babylon 5, my favourite programme of all time (well, excepting The Onedin Line, shut up) and also Farscape. Recommend Killjoys and Dark Matter too, though be aware DM died after season three AND it ended on a god-damn cliffhanger thank you network bots! Grrrr! Have to make my daily plug for Vagrant Queen, new and absolutely rockin, great humour, excellent world building, based on a comic series with some cool characters. Then there's Future Man (hilarious), Colony (another to suffer the axe after 3 seasons or was it 2?), another vote for Red Dwarf, also 12 Monkeys, Watchmen and Westworld, The Orville and if you're looking for a laugh try People of Earth. That's all I can think of for now.

Rodders

|-O-| (-O-) |-O-|
Supporter
Still got to watch Vagrant Queen.

Critical Carrot, I'll be interested to see how you get on with each of the series. Keep us informed.