Aya and the Witch (upcoming Studio Ghibli adaptation of Earwig and the Witch)

AlexH

An adaptation of Diana Wynne Jones’ novel. Is anyone else disappointed after seeing Studio Ghibli is releasing a new film, then seeing it's CGI? That doesn't mean I won't watch it!

HareBrain

Smeerp of Wonder
Staff member
Supporter
I suppose it was inevitable. It looks better than a lot of CGI animation. I'm more disappointed that they're not doing another fantasy adventure like Mononoke or Castle in the Sky or Nausicaa.

alexvss

I don't know no grammar.
Simply the worst Ghibli movie ever, and on of the worst animations ever made. I honesly don't know what Goro (Hayao's son) is thinking, nor what is he trying to prove. He doesn't have a career in the field of animation (he works with marketing, methinks), and his other movies SUCKED.

AlexH

Simply the worst Ghibli movie ever, and on of the worst animations ever made. I honesly don't know what Goro (Hayao's son) is thinking, nor what is he trying to prove. He doesn't have a career in the field of animation (he works with marketing, methinks), and his other movies SUCKED.
I usually like to make my own mind up but after seeing how badly this has been received, I don't think I'll bother. Tales from Earthsea was a huge disappointment but managed to be okay, but Aya and the Witch has been even more poorly received.

Oh well, we have How Do You Live? coming in a couple of years. I'm glad Hayao doesn't like retirement!