Man gets wish for peace and harmony, but gets sent 10,000 years into the future?

Brcobrem

Hi,

First, let me thank Chronicles for the opportunity to present my first thread here. Here's my brain disconnect :

I recall a 1950's/60's/70's sci-fi TV episode that went something like this: A man is distressed about racial inequality and the general inharmonious state of the world. Somehow he gets a wish from someone/something that allows him to jump into the future to a time where these problems no longer exist. He doesn't know when that would occur, but he's thinking 50-250 years or something like that. When his wish is granted, he lands in a time where there's no more racial inequality and everyone's skin color has evolved over the years into (as I remember) a light green or light greenish grey. Note the show may have been black and white and they simply mention the color, or it may have been an early color TV episode. But here's the kicker: When he asks what year he's in, he freaks out when he finds he's landed 9000-10,000 years into the future. The upshot is that it took 10,000 years for the human race to evolve to this state of peace and equality.

I've tried to remember or find info about this episode over the years with no success. It's come into my mind again recently again given the problems we continue to face with racial inequality in the USA and around the globe. Does anyone have any idea which show featured that episode, what the title was, or other tidbits that might be of general interest to the community?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and comments : )

Regards . . .

Hi hitmouse,

Sorry for my delayed reply. Thanks for your reply. My same thoughts too. In the interim and for no related reason: I decided to re-watch the Outer Limits 2003 Season 1 DVDs just for fun. That lead me to another idea.

At The Outer Limits (1963 TV series) - Wikipedia , near the bottom of the page, there's a section titled "Similar TV series". I'm going to have to click though those links and look for my lost episode there. I just searched that same Outer Limits page for keyword "future". There were 24 hits, but unfortunately none were my item of inquiry.

Btw, here's the list of the 1963 Season 1 episodes: List of The Outer Limits (1963 TV series) episodes - Wikipedia If you ever get the chance, watch "The Hundred Days of the Dragon": "An East Asian government plans to take over America by replacing White House officials and leading corporate executives with duplicate agents. They want to force the United States to pull out of Asia. The expected winner of the next presidential election is candidate William Lyons Selby (Sidney Blackmer). While on the campaign trail, he is killed and replaced by a foreign agent who has had his face molded (using a new medical serum that temporarily plastisizes the skin) to resemble Selby." There's a detailed episode link for that here: The Hundred Days of the Dragon - Wikipedia . Although written and produced over 40 years ago, it's just a little too close for comfort imho. After watching, I pondered what if the President's situation had not been discovered. Given today's political environment, that gave me the creeps.

In closing, I'll report back if I ever find my lost episode. If anyone else has any ides, please chime in here : )

Regards . . .

Last edited: