19th Century Egypt

Timben

I sorter in need of feedback on some ideas. The time setting is 1893. My main character is in search of his employer who's been abducted. The last known location - Alexandria, Egypt. And I have no idea where to go from Alexandria, can anyone help?

I recommend consulting a map for names and distances. Look for 19thc Egypt, because a modern map is going to reflect modern transportation routes. And watch you don't wind up looking at maps of ancient Egypt. There are, however, several good maps of Egypt in the late 19thc.

As for choosing a location, that should be driven by the story itself. MC goes to Alexandria and gets a tip. Or gets abducted. Or whatever. It will depend on whether MC needs to find employer in 24 hours or 24 days.

I wrote my first book as part of the series, it was a failure. No readers of any kind. I'm not asking for readers, as I know nobody would read it. Just some ideas. My brain is just about fried. LOL But seriously, this is completely fictional not historically correct.

Have you searched for 'high resolution 1890 Egypt map'? Though I found many examples, the easiest to read (use the zoom function) is dated 1897 which you can download (lower left) even extremely high res. versions for free:

Here is another from 1885:

On this page you'll find an 1899 map of Oasis locations:

K2

Last edited: