Star Trek renewed for Season 4

Alexa

traveller space dreamer
While we are still waiting for the release date of Season 3, Season 4 is already reported as renewed. As a bonus, we will have a new series and two Star Trek movies.

In addition to Picard, All Access is also producing the animated comedy series Lower Decks, about life on a nondescript Starfleet ship, as well as a Discovery spinoff show built around the mysterious Section 31 with Michelle Yeoh in the lead

On the big screen side, it was also recently revealed that Paramount has not one but two Star Trek movies in development, though it seems neither of them is Quentin Tarantino’s proposed Trek film. Fargo and Legion creator Noah Hawley was also recently hired to develop a Trek-related project, which everyone assumes is a movie (Simon Pegg recently indicated that Hawley may not be working on Star Trek 4, so no one is quite sure what Hawley is up to regarding Trek).

As far as Lower Decks is concerned, I really want to find out what kind of drama is experienced by the Star Fleet personnel that fix the chicken soup vending machines

It sounds like they're going the Red Dwarf route:D

While we are still waiting for the release date of Season 3, Season 4 is already reported as renewed. As a bonus, we will have a new series and two Star Trek movies.

Lots of Star Trek, something to look forward too

Hmm. I didn't know the series was shot in Toronto and with a surprising Canadian *actor*.

1609002814266.png

So, questions I would like to see answered in Discovery 4:
What's happened to the Klingons, Bjorans and Cardassians (I'm aware of the hints that Cardassia may have been a Federation member at the time of the Burn)?
Is the Wormhole still open and is DS9 still guarding it?
Is Ben Sisko still alive in the Wormhole?
Could we meet a Bjoran called Sisko Ben or Sisko Jake who admits to having human ancestry from really far back?
Will Discovery visit the Delta Quadrant?
What about the Changlings?
Will Earth rejoin the Federation (I think this will be the ongoing narrative of Season 4)?

More hints, but none having your answers Narkalui

“The Federation is coming back together but it’s not fully back together. And so the continued mission of bringing other worlds in and meeting the criteria and standards of what it means to be a member of the Federation but also not to rob other cultures of their identity is something that we’ll explore,” Kurtzman said.

And as for Burnham, he added, “Burnham has spent a lot of time thinking she had to be one thing or the other and ended the season being rewarded with the captain’s chair for being two different things. Vance basically says, ‘You don’t have to pick. You do things your way and that’s why I want you in the chair. Because you’re always ultimately fighting for what’s right.’

Ready for some spoiling ? I am. Our SciFi channel started to show three weeks ago, 4 episodes from season 3 every Friday. This can only mean they prepare us for the next season, even if they cannot officially confirm it.

Trailer of S4 is out too and quite early, but I had to digg around to find it and copy in here separetely.

Next season will rock like no other trek series. And the best of this spoiler is that we may get lucky and watch it this year. :love:

On the side show, if I can find a twin cat like Grudge, I will adopt it. :D

Ready for some spoiling ? I am. Our SciFi channel started to show three weeks ago, 4 episodes from season 3 every Friday. This can only mean they prepare us for the next season, even if they cannot officially confirm it.

Trailer of S4 is out too and quite early, but I had to digg around to find it and copy in here separetely.

Next season will rock like no other trek series. And the best of this spoiler is that we may get lucky and watch it this year. :love:

On the side show, if I can find a twin cat like Grudge, I will adopt it. :D

A gigantic 5 lightyear long massively destructive gravitational anomaly. Yeah, that sounds very unhealthy for all of them.

That anomaly give them the opportunity to do whatever they want in the next season. On the other hand, it may be difficult for us to follow in a logical order. It remindes me what happened in Agents of SHIELD after season 5.

At this point I do not even know what to expect.

TNG had an incredibly rough start and I would never recommend anyone to start from the first season - outside of some gems it was a horrible frankenstein monster of old ideas from TOS, fighting in the writers room and Roddenberry going berserk on set. By season three, however, especially with Best of both worlds, it was a God-tier series. It took time for the series to get better.

With STD I was extremely cautious in the beginning (Federation commits several war crimes in the first episodes), but eventually got hooked in the middle of the first season.

By season 2, the beginning was promising, then none of the plot threads paid of, either forgotten or underdeveloped, and my worst fears came to pass: the new Star Treks, both STD and Picard, are all about fetishizing violence, especially violence commited by Black Ops/StateSec guys in stylish, black uniforms.

I am surprised, because the renewal means people actually watch the series, and I will admit, without intention to belittle anyone who honestly enjoys the series (I actually envy you), that I have no idea how.

It's official. They will be back with season 4 on November 18 in US and Canada. :D

Star Trek: Discovery season 4 release date​

As part of the ‘Star Trek Day’ celebrations on September 8, Paramount announced that Discovery would be returning on November 18 in the United States. Since CBS All Access rebranded as Paramount Plus earlier this year, that’s where Discovery will make its home in the United States.

Internationally (except Canada), Netflix holds the rights to Discovery, and typically releases new episodes within 24 hours of their U.S. debut. Canadians can watch the new episodes on the CTV Sci-Fi channel, and in the past new episodes have aired on the same day as in the U.S.

In other words everyone, no matter their country, will get to watch new episodes almost as soon as they’re available.

Back