Unable to access the forums for a while

AE35Unit

]==[]===O °
Very strange this. Normally I just start typing sff into my phone's browser and the cached link to the forum pops up, and away I go. But for about a week it wasn't working. I cleaned my cache, rebooted my phone several times but the page wouldn't load at all. Then I googled Science Fiction Forum and clicked on the link there and I'm back. Very strange as its exactly the same URL!
( http://www.sffchronicles.co.uk/forum/ )

I just went back to that open window and the same result:
IMG_20200604_102110.jpg

Brian G Turner

Fantasist & Futurist
Staff member
Supporter
That's strange - as you can probably tell by recent posts, chrons has certainly been working over the past week.

Brian G Turner

Fantasist & Futurist
Staff member
Supporter
Hang on, if you have sffchronicles.com/forums/ as your bookmark, up date it to:

The /forums/ section was for when I was running a designated front page of articles, but the /forums/ URL itself will return an error now. Hence better to remove any bookmark or save for it from your device, then go to the root domain (no /forums/) then book mark it from there.

See if that helps. :)

dannymcg

"Pip" "Pop" "Bim" "Bam"
I had the same issue one night last week "this site can't be reached" for maybe half an hour.....I remember Facebooking Jo Zebedee at the time and she couldn't access either

Brian G Turner

Fantasist & Futurist
Staff member
Supporter
(sffchronicles.com)
(sffchronicles.co.uk)

Perhaps that's the problem?
Oh, that's it!

We moved from sffchronicles.co.uk to sffchronicles.com a few years back, but I recently shut down the redirect from the .co.uk to the .com. :)

sffchronicles.com is the domain you want. :)