Indie Authors or anyone influenced by Brandon Sanderson into writing a novel

SaulAHerman

I love Brandon's books, got Mistborn trilogy, way of kings books 1 and 2 and Elantris and Warbreaker in 2014, that's when I got into his writing. This was after a college buddy of mine told me like 20 authors I never heard of. I then got all kinds of author's books, but this author kept me enraptured by his story telling. I wanted to write like him.

Once I found his online YouTube courses I self taught myself how to try to emulate his style, with my own version of the Cosomere, a metaverse, a multitude of multiverses in which characters overlap and interact through quantum jumping through a "fourth dimensional rift in space and time" in which all multiverses meet.

So far in my notes I have around 5 multiverses, not as much in scope as Brandon's world but after 10 years of building my characters and world on my own, I had a collection of burnout stories, so I decided to combine them- take earlier pieces of my writing, revamp it and set it as another universe like in marvel and dc comics- any thoughts on what kind of success anyone trying to emulate Brandon on any success level. I still am unpublished, perhaps telling literary agents about how big my word count was, around 330,000 words a while ago with the hopes of turning it into like 10 to 23 novels, might have scared them off.

I don't know how to write a good query letter, i have 5 books, each around 150, to 170,000 words making it in total 750,000 after recompiling and adding even more words during the editing process. I don't know how to fix it and I need to make 30 posts before I can share my stuff with a 1500 word limit and only then ask for others to read my stuff on here through beta readers or alpha readers. I have no real friends now at this point cause of covid, i write in solitude. but can't spam, so I don't know what to do because I don't want to get banned from spamming or ruining my reputation before it even begins, so far I have 3 posts on here to random threads, no one responded so maybe I'm doing this wrong

Edit: Thanks for the advice Matthew.... I just write walls of text to get my words out.

I edit differently on Microsoft word.

I just don't know how to write on forums.

I am a newbie on social messaging boards.

I never really put myself out there.

I wouldn't write online anything because I would be afraid of how online social interaction might affect my own personal inflections, well being and personal health. IE whatever cyber bullying is or hate conflicts - I just easily get offended even though I am a millennial and not a teenager, I still haven't mentally grown up- rather I never wanted to

Edit 2: what I really want is just support through this crisis- something to help me keep on writing- when the end game of getting published seems so far away.

I tried to get 3 publishers and tried 2 literary agents.

I just don't know the official "right" way of presenting myself based on my asocial tendencies and how I react to the world around me.
I don't want to officially spell it out that I have a mental delay in my cognitive functions- how I respond/ with autism/ versus how I respond with people in the real world.

Last edited:
You're not doing it wrong, people just have different amounts of involvement. I came on here for much the same reason (albeit with a hell of a lot less written and much less Sanderson) but ended up not really following through with any of it :)

I will say real quick that if you still have time to edit your post, add in some paragraphs. A solid wall of text can be hard to follow and respond to.

Spell out what you're looking for.

Hello and a belated Welcome to the Chrons!

It's a pity you feel your previous posts have been ignored. I've just had a quick look, and I think it's simply the case that the posts didn't call for a response as such -- you were replying to threads with other people, your posts were read, but no one needed to comment on them.

Anyway, to deal with this post. I've only read one or perhaps two of Sanderson's books, and I don't know of other writers who copy him, successful or otherwise, so I can't help you with specific questions there. For myself, though, I'd never advise anyone to emulate another writer's style, save as a short-tern measure while learning, because we all need to find our own voice, and I'd counsel against creating an imitation of someone else's world-building -- fanfic no doubt has its place, but there's a reason "derivative" tends to be used as a insult, not a compliment. So there's a possibility that the very fact your universe has some similarities to Sanderson's is putting agents off. That might not be an insuperable problem, though, if you've diverged enough away from his template.

I'm sorry to hear you have no friends because of Covid, and I hope that in time you will come to see us as friends, albeit virtual/online ones. Certainly, though, we can help you with your writing, so I'm glad you've found us.

You've put a lot of work into your worlds, and you've written a lot of words, which is excellent. You're right that the next stage is to get someone to read some of them, and I'd suggest you put writing to agents and trying to perfect a query letter on hold until you've had some beta readers of your work. While 30 posts might sound a lot, you'll accrue them very quickly if -- as .matthew. himself has done -- by joining in with us in different threads and areas of the site. Critiques operates thanks to reciprocity -- if you want people to give you feedback in due course, start now by giving feedback to others on their work. This will also help you, since we can learn a great deal by critiquing others' writing. Most importantly, join in the Writing Challenges. Not only are they enjoyable in their own right, they teach more writing lessons, not least how to be succinct but still create a story which makes sense. And since we have Improving threads for the Challenges, you could get feedback on your entries well before achieving the 30 posts needed for Critiques which might help in your wider writing.

I hope that's given you some ideas for how to progress. And since this is very much a writing matter, not related to the reading of Sanderson's work, I'll move the thread over to Writing Discussion where there will be other writers eager to reply.

Last edited:
Hello and a belated Welcome to the Chrons!

It's a pity you feel your previous posts have been ignored. I've just had a quick look, and I think it's simply the case that the posts didn't call for a response as such -- you were replying to threads with other people, your posts were read, but no one needed to comment on them.

Anyway, to deal with this post. I've only read one or perhaps two of Sanderson's books, and I don't know of other writers who copy him, successful or otherwise, so I can't help you with specific questions there. For myself, though, I'd never advise anyone to emulate another writer's style, save as a short-tern measure while learning, because we all need to find our own voice, and I'd counsel against creating an imitation of someone else's world-building -- fanfic no doubt has its place, but there's a reason "derivative" tends to be used as a insult, not a compliment. So there's a possibility that the very fact your universe has some similarities to Sanderson's is putting agents off. That might not be an insuperable problem, though, if you've diverged enough away from his template.

I'm sorry to hear you have no friends because of Covid, and I hope that in time you will come to see us as friends, albeit virtual/online ones. Certainly, though, we can help you with your writing, so I'm glad you've found us.

You've put a lot of work into your worlds, and you've written a lot of words, which is excellent. You're right that the next stage is to get someone to read some of them, and I'd suggest you put writing to agents and trying to perfect a query letter on hold until you've had some beta readers of your work. While 30 posts might sound a lot, you'll accrue them very quickly if -- as .matthew. himself has done -- by joining in with us in different threads and areas of the site. Critiques operates thanks to reciprocity -- if you want people to give you feedback in due course, start now by giving feedback to others on their work. This will also help you, since we can learn a great deal by critiquing others' writing. Most importantly, join in the Writing Challenges. Not only are they enjoyable in their own right, they teach more writing lessons, not least how to be succinct but still create a story which makes sense. And since we have Improving threads for the Challenges, you could get feedback on your entries well before achieving the 30 posts needed for Critiques which might help in your wider writing.

I hope that's given you some ideas for how to progress. And since this is very much a writing matter, not related to the reading of Sanderson's work, I'll move the thread over to Writing Discussion where there will be other writers eager to reply.
Thanks for the encouraging feedback. I was indeed at a loss at where to proceed
My book did indeed start out as a fanfic/ derived work, but I worked on myself this past year to remove fanfic stuff that couldn't get published because as you said,"it is not a compliment "

the more i wrote and developed my style, it indeed became unique through the critique of my mother, a former special education teacher for the board of education and one in the English department, but i would never follow her criteria or critique and just do my own thing,

that was my downfall, so I am trying to rework my story to be completely original, removing any and all inspired stuff, that seems sedentary to the already published authors and would be considered plagiarism which I have seen be a darkness for some to overcome,

I have seen the dark side of writing through my own experiences, what works what doesn't, incorporating yourself into a story like Stephen king in his"dark tower series", versus adding old references to stories to critical disdain, IE "ready player one" which removed immense immersion.

I have good writing qualities and bad, I try to learn and take criticism from others but then at my own fault flip it back at others.

In retrospect that is a guarded sense of perspective. I am afraid of any and all kind of change. So according to that methodology I wouldn't change unless I proactively forced myself to rise above inappropriate reasoning that belies a certain kind of self-confidence that denies compliance with others in favor of my own form of self-justified morality,

Therefore, i will indeed follow your advice, i cannot grow from any experience if I don't follow advice.

Thank you for the encouraging feedback and outlook on how to make my own writing experience a better logical situation with empathy included

Hey Saul. I want you to know that even though it may not feel like you're making progress that you are. Every word you write, every story you tell makes you a better writer. Brandon Sanderson wrote eight full novels before he was published, and he is on record saying that the first five novels he wrote that never got published weren't a waste of time as he enjoyed writing them and writing them made him a better writer.

For querying agents or editors, I would google "How to write a Query Letter" as there are many publications and people who have put solid advice on the internet and having a professional-looking query letter is essential to catching the attention of the people who see hundreds of those a day. I think that the ambition of your world-building is commendable but the publishing industry doesn't like to take such huge swings with unknown commodities. A lot of what worked early in Sanderson's career is that the novels and series he wrote told a complete story on their own without needing to be connected to the larger story of the Cosmere (The Hero of Ages is really the first time that he alludes to the larger workings of the multiverse even if all the things he built into Scadrial, Sel, and Nalthis were done with the big picture in mind). I would suggest that you pick a novel or trilogy within your universe and pitch it to editors or agents as a story that stands by itself. Your audience will buy into your larger world once they trust that you can tell a story on a smaller scale. Sanderson's early successes built the fanbase that allowed him to take such a huge swing with the Stormlight Archive.

As far as getting the requisite number of posts on this site, I would recommend you go into the Critiques section and read some of the works there then leave a post with your thoughts on what worked or didn't work (if you've never critiqued someone else's work before, then I highly recommend you read the stickied threads at the top as they give great advice on how to give helpful critiques)

I want to tell you Sule that yes, I have learned that my writing has changed significantly from earlier pieces, my first ever draft of my completed novel was just a hodgepodge of ideas. I kept every version of my story on my computer, any version wouldn't get words cut, I made back ups and back ups, a full catalog of old writing, for myself as a incentive to keep on writing and improving. But I did this all in a bubble.

So I never knew how well I improved until now when I shared my work to people over the weekend to friends of the family and then posted some stuff on my personal facebook and instagram,
I made it to get my work finally out there.

I just felt that I never improved in my self-reflection even though outwardly according to others- the writing was good

I never appreciated the complements and was always negative about it.
I will try the writing challenges and check out the other people's critiques on here.
I started a new book - a free write in a new document- to give myself a fresh start- a new take on a self contained story.

The problem was that I combined stories together - several events from earlier works- into a mishmash- never creating a streamlined story structure

that is why I will try to tell a new story in a separate document.

And really try my hardest to not cave and merge my old stories with my new ones- ideas may be similar but new events are occurring

I have segmented story ideas I merged and just never finished- I will try maybe this time to keep it a stand alone and not a series at least for now

And I will also try to separate my merging ideas into separate story documents but that may take some time

I never finish one complete idea- always jumping narrative events

I will check out critiques and other story ideas on this site to boost my analytical thinking and get a feel for how I should proceed with my own stories once I build enough of a commentator reputation by frequently posting on the suggested messaging boards

I have segmented story ideas I merged and just never finished- I will try maybe this time to keep it a stand alone and not a series at least for now

And I will also try to separate my merging ideas into separate story documents but that may take some time

I never finish one complete idea- always jumping narrative events
I'm sure you've heard this before, but Brandon has talked quite a bit about how he outlines his stories from the ending first both to give his story a sense of purpose but also to give him something exciting to write toward so that he doesn't waffle away from the story when the writing gets hard.

I'm sure you've heard this before, but Brandon has talked quite a bit about how he outlines his stories from the ending first both to give his story a sense of purpose but also to give him something exciting to write toward so that he doesn't waffle away from the story when the writing gets hard.
yes I have. A Lot

I watched his videos and tried to take notes on his YouTube class and I do his writing excuses podcast- I started at season 10 like new people to his site should.

I am a methodical pantser- I need to write without an outline because otherwise it feels like I wrote the whole thing- so the jumbled mess of ideas I write, ends up becoming my outline

I then cut, paste, merge ideas into a story but then the story feels all over the place

I need to start on a fresh document this time and look at my ideas- rewrite from scratch with them as my outline- a point I tried viciously to avoid

I felt a bit annoyed about that kind of chaotic style.

But I have so much story bits all over-

I need to "Not start from scratch"
but at the same time remove a character I invested my life into and built my world around.

Brandon's character is Dalinar- and he had original stories from his point of view-
I need to just pick a new name and merge my ideas around that character

I need to pick a new setting, world building idea,
with my other melting pot of stories

I started a new prologue from the point of an orc villain

in the hobbit they are feared, in stories such as eragon they get redemption

the racial subclass society at which they deserve rights and motives to undergo dynamic character growth and a second chance is what drives my motivation to get this High Orc Evolutionary a second chance as a hero

I always liked the mythos behind the joker- how his one bad day became his paradigm shift- I wanted to create a villain like him- a complete psychosis was needed- I ended up liking this character more than any of my others because of his origin story- of subverted character tropes- to make my main character a villain who becomes a hero/ anti hero at the end of the story

"everything has been done before, nothing is original"

I want to tell my branch of ideas with my voice I have developed- with my own original characters and world building- and open sourced ideas- the realm of science and fantasy that has created orcs, men, robots, cyborgs, both science and magic, and make it my own self contained story that is a parallel world fantasy- one being from the backwards realm of fantasy gets sent to the urban world through science IE Tau Neutrinos- the first particle that created the real version of parallel realities- it isn't just fiction anymore- parallel realities have been proven by science- look up tau neutrinos have made a parallel world where time runs backwards as far as the big bang, at which point two realities were made with two ways time moves according to the perspectives of two different inverse realities

Hey Saul, you've obviously got a creative mind, but I think you said it best yourself when you noted that you never finish one complete idea. This is a tough time in the world but try not to be so tough on yourself - you can be inspired by Sanderson but you can't *be* Sanderson. Reading through your posts above it feels like you're trying to emulate his success. I think a more successful approach would be to focus on emulating his discipline.

Find your best idea, sharpen it, and make yourself a promise to work it through to conclusion. That mightn't make it publishable, but it will teach you the other side of the business - writing to a purpose (you'll notice, as quoted by someone above, that's the reason Sanderson outlines, to keep his creative mind in check and focused on concluding one idea at a time). Create two folders: one holds your current project, the other is full of scraps of ideas that you just need to get out of your head.

If that doesn't feel like something that appeals, then consider moving the other direction - write whatever you want, when you want, with one single criteria you won't sacrifice - anything you're writing needs to be fun. Don't worry about an audience, publishing, agents, etc. Just enjoy how creative you are, that's rare gift.

Maybe try alternating between both these positions - spend a week writing with an emphasis on fun, then returning to that one project you want to see concluded. Try not to fret about feeling lost, overwhelmed or confused with your scattered approach to writing. Discipline and focus is a learned skill you have to practise, as much as any other component associated with writing. You don't seem to have an issue with writing (your word counts are impressive!) but you might start to feel a better sense of progress if you focus on chipping away at one good project.

You'll get there. Keep at it.

Hey Saul, you've obviously got a creative mind, but I think you said it best yourself when you noted that you never finish one complete idea. This is a tough time in the world but try not to be so tough on yourself - you can be inspired by Sanderson but you can't *be* Sanderson. Reading through your posts above it feels like you're trying to emulate his success. I think a more successful approach would be to focus on emulating his discipline.

Find your best idea, sharpen it, and make yourself a promise to work it through to conclusion. That mightn't make it publishable, but it will teach you the other side of the business - writing to a purpose (you'll notice, as quoted by someone above, that's the reason Sanderson outlines, to keep his creative mind in check and focused on concluding one idea at a time). Create two folders: one holds your current project, the other is full of scraps of ideas that you just need to get out of your head.

If that doesn't feel like something that appeals, then consider moving the other direction - write whatever you want, when you want, with one single criteria you won't sacrifice - anything you're writing needs to be fun. Don't worry about an audience, publishing, agents, etc. Just enjoy how creative you are, that's rare gift.

Maybe try alternating between both these positions - spend a week writing with an emphasis on fun, then returning to that one project you want to see concluded. Try not to fret about feeling lost, overwhelmed or confused with your scattered approach to writing. Discipline and focus is a learned skill you have to practise, as much as any other component associated with writing. You don't seem to have an issue with writing (your word counts are impressive!) but you might start to feel a better sense of progress if you focus on chipping away at one good project.

You'll get there. Keep at it.
I have many folders full of ideas and projects that were abandoned. In the end the story that piqued my interest the most was my multiverse story- IE multiple versions of the main character with multiple different personalities , each vying for control of the multiverse as its god and savior- the true prince of darkness I created for this story had underwent a major psychosis similar to the joker and his one bad day- his emergence into the fold that wanted justice and retribution on his soul for being cast off like a used piece of garbage

I had wanted my main character to be the villain- in the end he was my favorite supporting character- there are around 12 different versions of the Main Character- each with greek and roman numerals to denote their collective minds and worlds to my world I created. I really love the multiverse Idea but I would always add in other ideas to fill the gap. I think if I removed the other ideas that are filler- keep them in a seperate folder and fully flesh out my singular multiverse idea till it is actually finished then I will have one complete book-

this book was originally just for fun- i added references as time went on to popular sub culture and fandoms

critiques i got from co-workers and family and who ever maybe tried to read it always said its good but in the end after all the support I felt like I couldn't breathe or something-

I would deflect and perseverate- get angry- because I felt no one wanted to read it- many just had other personal work or business or just couldn't get into the genre because they weren't into it and its colossal word count and eventually my work was long forgotten

I strived to write- I saw Brandon's success- but that is his success and as you said I should try finding my own path and not leap on the coatails of others

I will try a third way- to write for fun- write for me- keep other files in sepperate documents as I have in the past- write for me and not think that I NEED success- if it happens then it happens-

that's the journey i intend to keep-

I choose to actually finish my main idea while at the same time take breaks and write other ideas to keep my mind fresh-

I want to spread out my enourmous chunk of words- not as a managable chunk- not trying to cut out words but rather to keep the words needed to tell a single story from begining to middle to end- to keep my 12 main character personalites and some side characters- not give multiple characters that I don't flesh out a path- that can be for other ideas to finish in the future

My story is no cosomere- I can respect realism and reality to admit that

My story is what I make of it-

what I create is mine and no one else's

I took a break for 3 days to write a short idea down- to take a break from my characters because I was just looking at my story ideas with stress and depression and personal issues so I had to take a step back

Thanks for the ideas and encouragement

Best advice I could give anyone wanting to do this--write in your own style and you will find yourself to be brilliant.

Once I found his online YouTube courses I self taught myself how to try to emulate his style

It's interesting, that--the idea of "writing in your own style" and not emulating anyone else. When I started out writing I would constantly emulate the authors I enjoyed without even knowing it. My sister did the same. We were way young, writing for fun and nothing else, with no serious thought of publishing, and what we wanted to write was the sort of thing we enjoyed.

As I started getting more serious about writing, I started getting frustrated about how much my writing style sounded, all without my trying, like another author I had enjoyed when I was younger but who also had serious problems with their style. I didn't want to write like that, and so I consciously tried not to. To "find my own style." The trouble was, I began to realize then, is that everyone's "own style" is always an end mixture of all the writing styles we like to read. What comes out depends upon what goes in. Everyone is derivative. Everyone is inspired by something that came before. It's the way we mix and match it all into different patterns that creates something new.

And that was when I looked back at most of my life and realized that I never really was any good at coming up with original things. But I was spanking good at imitating things. Without even trying, I could write like an author I had read and enjoyed--which wasn't necessarily a bad thing. I just needed to pick a better author. And another better author. And another. As many of the best as I could find. And do it on purpose, because I wanted to. Above all it had to satisfy my idea of good writing. But the only way I could find out what good writing is was to read good writing and decide that it was, and write like that. I think, in the end, that's the only way anyone learns good writing.

So I chose a couple of authors I really enjoyed, and started picking apart their styles trying to learn how to write like them. I think I got some of the way there--it would be near-impossible to get all of the way there, but it was the basic flavor of it that I needed. And anyway, I didn't want to write exactly like them. They had their own flaws, which I didn't want to pick up along with the good parts. I knew I wrote with an overly-complex sentence structure and so I picked someone who wrote in a far more modern style in order to find a medium somewhere in between. And from that I constructed a writing style based around my own concepts of what was clear, straightforward, and enjoyable to read. Those specific styles helped, and I've moved past them now, although in a lighter way I'm still doing the same thing with new authors that I enjoy.

There was a bit more to it, but that was essentially how I came up with a style I'm currently pretty happy with.

And then...along comes Brandon Sanderson. In a way, I'm annoyed. It kind of saps your motivation to see someone doing something so close to what you're trying to do, and doing it well. It's less the style (no huge similarities there, at least!) and more the story types, themes, and even characters. I wrote a character five years ago that sounds so much like Vin that my sister pointed it out and I'm still having trouble keeping the stronger character of Vin from influencing my own now. If everything I'm trying to do works out, somebody is going to ask if Brandon Sanderson was an influence on my work and I would have to truthfully say no. I only started reading his books a couple of months ago. I read the blurb for his fourth Way of Kings book (I haven't read even the first book yet) and, while admittedly ambiguous, it still could have described one-third of my entire series. Warbreaker had (and then subverted) an identical subplot to the one I explore in my first book. An entire theme from Mistborn is one that I had long since shaped an entire main character of mine to play around with. Disturbing. And surreal. Every time I read one of his books, I find myself thinking, "I could so easily see myself attempting something like that."

Still, I'm not too worried. I honestly don't care if his books are superficially similar to mine in those ways. They'll still be mine. I couldn't write his series if I tried--and I know he couldn't write mine. I don't think anyone could write exactly the same series as another person, even if they were trying. They could write something with a similar flavor, but as long as each author truly cares about their story, pays attention to quality, and judges its merits for themselves, it will still inevitably become their own thing. (It's something I've also noticed in movie-to-book adaptations--the best ones are where the author manages to take the story and, in some indefinable way, makes it their own, telling the story they truly want to tell, instead of simply translating the script with extra narration.)

The thing is, writing your own thing isn't all that hard. It's what we do automatically, even when we do consciously set out to imitate. I don't think we can help that. One way or another, it's ultimately the combination of things you admire and imitate ("emulate" is the less stigmatized word) that make you unique among others.

So from my own experiences, I would say that if you aspire to try and write like Brandon Sanderson, go right ahead--as long as you're choosing to do it, and always enjoying the result. What you end up with, by your tastes, memories, beliefs, and emotions, will still be unique to you, and nobody you imitate can possibly change that.

(I would just recommend finding even more authors that you admire, in addition to Mr. Sanderson, to study and emulate that same way. Why stop with one? You could find out who his favorite authors are, for a start. I know Terry Pratchett is one of them.)

Last edited:
I do admit that two other influences of mine are Christopher Paulini and Eragon inheritance cycle and Rick Riordan's heroes of Olympus/ percy jackson books series.
I mostly grew up with them when I was a YA book reader, and read artemis fowl, the rangers aprentice, harry potter since I saw the first movie in 2001 or so , pretty sure I saw it in theaters as a kid, not 100% sure, and the hobbit book / lord of the rings at around 2003/4,

My reading level was very advanced for my age but I still read children novels, I read also tanequil, jarka ruis, high druid of shannara series in high school,

And I loved reading the drizzt books of Menzoberranzan - forgotten realms- by RA Salvatore that I borrowed from a neighbor

Also I was influenced by marvel and dc comics like batman, spiderman, wolverine, hulk, the flash

I also loved the big 3 manga naruto , one piece and bleach, and other anime,

I watched toonami block saturday nights way back in the day, till they stopped then came back, I don't watch it at midnight anymore- now watch anime on hulu, netflix, dc shows on dc universe and also disney plus

so those inspired me to make my main character a spiderman wannabe quipped joker who was also a mixture of static shock in terms of powers and a show called blue exorcist- which I never finished-

in the beginning my main character just fought a mummy lizard- my version of the lizard in spider man but he had 3 mouths, bandages, and had foamy soap in his mouth that smelled like licorice bubble gum hand soap- the bathroom soap smell I became addicted to whenever I washed my hands

My stories do resemble the avengers with their infinity gauntlet but I made every character in my books have power gloves that run on mist energy- never heard of mistborn till after I made the mist energy concept-

my book first outing was called the lords of the mist like lord of the rings

I eventually just switched it to demon chronicles because that story was abandoned when I stopped writing it with a friend and focused on my own stuff

I can still grow as a writer- been writing since 2010 on pc so I have 10 years worth of material on my computer- and there are still places I struggle with

I've seen many different styles- and I see that from my mother's observations- she was an English teacher for the board of education for middle school- that I have a very unique voice when it comes to writing in books- so I definitely made my own style from the get go

she read all versions of my novels, I got my younger brother to read a version- he is the closest in age to me so he was the one who watched all the shows with me

I got my brother to finally say he will read the latest version of my best version of my work- the first book of my series I feel is finally worth something- one out of five is still good- its my most recent body of work I wrote during covid- since beginning of 2020 and the concept of my book may have come from Brandon's idea of virus's and diseases giving super powers- I changed it around to make it revolve around the x-men version of my story-

just sitting around in quarantine made me write a fictional sci-fi autobiography of my experiences of the first few weeks with covid around- put it in my book to make a time stamp- to remember this time in history and how it affects everyone

In the end even current events affect my writing style and the mood I'm in