Cliffhanger/Resolutions

Timben

Could someone provide me some Cliffhanger/Resolutions to several Serials that dealt with Exotic Adventure? I ask this because. I am almost finished with my pulp hero series of books, and I am wanting to keep it as close to having it as a serial but yet still be considered a Western. Any input would be very satisfactory. The story that I'm writing about is set in 1893.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tarzan stories ( and pretty much any ERB) pretty much fit your description with cliffhanger endings to most chapters.
also try:
John Buchan
H Rider Haggard
The Flashman novels by George MacDonald Fraser.

Are you referring to books or to tv shows? If it's the latter then most Saturday matinee serials ended with a cliffhanger; and even those that weren't western-related (Rocket Men, Flash Gordon) had storylines/cliffhangers that could easily be transferred to a cowboy setting.

I was referring to the serials of the 1930s - 1950s. Yes, exactly right, the Saturday matinee serials. The inspiration for "Star Wars". I'm not trying to steal anybody's work. Just thought someone might have some ideas that would work for a western that's all. I hope that makes sense.

Are you referring to books or to tv shows? If it's the latter then most Saturday matinee serials ended with a cliffhanger; and even those that weren't western-related (Rocket Men, Flash Gordon) had storylines/cliffhangers that could easily be transferred to a cowboy setting.

Try the old Lone Ranger or Zorro serials. Every episode ends on a cliffhanger.