Cliffhanger/Resolutions

Timben

Could someone provide me some Cliffhanger/Resolutions to several Serials that dealt with Exotic Adventure? I ask this because. I am almost finished with my pulp hero series of books, and I am wanting to keep it as close to having it as a serial but yet still be considered a Western. Any input would be very satisfactory. The story that I'm writing about is set in 1893.

Last edited by a moderator:

hitmouse

Tarzan stories ( and pretty much any ERB) pretty much fit your description with cliffhanger endings to most chapters.
also try:
John Buchan
H Rider Haggard
The Flashman novels by George MacDonald Fraser.

paranoid marvin

Run VT Erroll!
Are you referring to books or to tv shows? If it's the latter then most Saturday matinee serials ended with a cliffhanger; and even those that weren't western-related (Rocket Men, Flash Gordon) had storylines/cliffhangers that could easily be transferred to a cowboy setting.

Timben

I was referring to the serials of the 1930s - 1950s. Yes, exactly right, the Saturday matinee serials. The inspiration for "Star Wars". I'm not trying to steal anybody's work. Just thought someone might have some ideas that would work for a western that's all. I hope that makes sense.

Are you referring to books or to tv shows? If it's the latter then most Saturday matinee serials ended with a cliffhanger; and even those that weren't western-related (Rocket Men, Flash Gordon) had storylines/cliffhangers that could easily be transferred to a cowboy setting.

hitmouse

Try the old Lone Ranger or Zorro serials. Every episode ends on a cliffhanger.