Bridport Prize

Enter, then come back and tell us if you thought it was worth it!

Enter, then come back and tell us if you thought it was worth it!
Sounds like I'm a Guinea Pig. Well what the heck. Last time I entered a competition at the last minute, I won it. Lightning never strikes twice though.

As with any writing competition, first look at the previous winners, (not runners up) then look at the profile of the judges.
Ask yourself realistically if you 'fit' the particular pattern of that prize. If you do go for it.

Last edited:
As with any writing competition, first look at the previous winners, (not runners up) then look at the profile of the judges.
Ask yourself realistically if you 'fit' the particular pattern of that prize. If you do go for it.
Well it's a couple of the judges videos and what they are looking out for that has pushed me into taking this leap of faith :)

Short Investigations submitted. If you don't try and all that jazz.

Uh oh, now you've gone and done it. Now everyone will know how your brain works.

And that's why, you should NEVER leave your cave!

K2

Best of luck ;)

Uh oh, now you've gone and done it. Now everyone will know how your brain works.

And that's why, you should NEVER leave your cave!

K2 ;)
Yea, I gave up submitting to agents and the first one turned me down with a nice reply. I can't handle that sort of rejection.

[no joke, I've only ever contacted one agent]

Yea, I gave up submitting to agents and the first one turned me down with a nice reply. I can't handle that sort of rejection.
[no joke, I've only ever contacted one agent]

Then perhaps this is the moment it all changes. Seriously, you can't help it if they can't understand genius ;)

K2

Back