Space Force

Rodders

|-O-| (-O-) |-O-|
Supporter
Developed by Greg Daniels and Steve Carroll. It’s on Netflix from today. Anyone watching?

I loved the Office and Parks and Rec, so I'll stick with it. There are some funny bits and you can see the relationships forming. I'll finish the series today, but on the whole I am enjoying it.

Anyone watching?

I am. It's funny in its unique way. But frankly it has also surprised me in a good way, because the writers really thought about scenarios, even if the shortness of the episodes annoy me. Frankly I do not get the 30+ minute timeslot in any other way than that this was meant to be watched with super long commercials. It's just there's no commercials in Netflix.

The whole series captures the silliness that started back in 2018 when Trumped ordered the space force. One thing that might help you to understand the product is the famous Pentagon Wars. In similar way, the produced approached the situation similar way. By blowing out of portion with the silliness of it all. Honestly, we don't need Space Force. By it's creation it is taking the humanity towards the conflict, and that is the essential message in this whole series.

Surprisingly it is now up in the air, will the series get cancelled or renewed. Thing is I had laughs and I felt for the actors. So in that way the whole concept worked, but I also missed some real seriousness. Not just quickly applies SF that doesn't work to anyone. The biggest hole they have is at the end, where they end in the space. The whole thing is not plausible. For Mankind did all of it better.

Including clashing with the adversary and getting mental in space. The problem is that I'm a nerd and SF author. So I'm definitely not part of the targer audience for this series. It's someone else.