Is it worth the watch?

Ravensirtis

Exactly that. I've been looking at it but not sure whether to take the plunge or not as only in the first season of the TOS star trek for the first time.

.matthew.

I'd say absolutely. Yes it's a bit of a comedy, but it's definitely more Trek than Discovery. The guy wrote it as a fan of the franchise and did a pretty good job of getting it done in a fun way.

Dave

Non Bio
Staff member
not sure whether to take the plunge or not as only in the first season of the TOS star trek for the first time.
I agree with the other comments, but from this I took it that you are only watching the first season of TOS and wondered whether to watch this first. I'd say that you really must watch some Star Trek TNG before you watch The Orville. Otherwise, you won't understand the vast majority of the jokes. On the other hand, those of us discussing it within the episode threads agreed that it had gone beyond a TNG spoof and had become something on it's own terms. It did take quite a while to get there.

Burrunjor

The first series was terrific fun, but season 2 was awful. A lot of soap opera crap and weird orgies. Only the Krill episodes of season 2 were worth it in my opinion.