Star maps

Ravensirtis

Hi there

I'm currently writing my first attempt at writing sci fi. It is set in space, which i believe are now refereed to as space operas?

I'd like to know if there are any decent software online that would allow me to create a solar system easily. The minute i search for relevant terms it all ends up being centered to our own system. I'm not looking for anything fancy in the slightest just something i can lay out my different planets on and maybe have a star field background.

Any help would be appreciated.

You could always use something like Universe Sandbox: Universe Sandbox

Although centered on our solar system and actual space, you can easily change any property, so you can completely change planets (or stars) and remove them as required.

Do ensure you read plenty of recently published science fiction, though - many first time writers get lost in the world-building and don't read enough. Researching star systems is fine, but you also need to keep an eye of what's actually being published in terms of science fiction stories. :)

Yeah i am trying to read a series at the moment about jump mages by Glynn Stewart i believe and enjoying it at the moment as well as for the first time watching star trek but focusing more on reading and planning.

Thanks so much for that, it is as basic as i need to generate the technical stuff for my planets thank you