Nebula-75: a new short-form lockdown-friendly SF puppet series from Century21

Pyan

Ahor't ai r'lyehian?
Staff member
Supporter
Nebula-75

When the social distancing and lockdown measures of 2020 all but halted global film and television drama production, a thought occurred to the team at Century 21 Films. While more conventional dramas with human casts and vast crews now posed a logistical nightmare to all involved, the heroes of Supermarionation hold no risk of coughing or sneezing on one another! In this very strange time, the decision was made to see what sort of "Superisolation" production could be put together under these extremely odd circumstances. The result is NEBULA-75, a short-form puppet drama that follows in the tradition of 1960s favourites while offering something brand new at the same time .

That was great! @Toby Frost had the tea drinking first though. Is the Nebula 75 spacecraft a Thunderbird 3 with a vertical stabiliser tail-fin?

Made in Supermarionation and Superisolation.

I especially liked the other jokes in the part after: The delivery by the postman, The biggest film currently in production.

The ship appears to be knocked together from spare bits lying around - there's T3, as you say, but more than a touch of Fireball XL5 in there as well. I do like the interior controls made up of cooker knobs, old radios, etc, etc.

Nebula-75

When the social distancing and lockdown measures of 2020 all but halted global film and television drama production, a thought occurred to the team at Century 21 Films. While more conventional dramas with human casts and vast crews now posed a logistical nightmare to all involved, the heroes of Supermarionation hold no risk of coughing or sneezing on one another! In this very strange time, the decision was made to see what sort of "Superisolation" production could be put together under these extremely odd circumstances. The result is NEBULA-75, a short-form puppet drama that follows in the tradition of 1960s favourites while offering something brand new at the same time .

I'm not sure I understand you.

The Supermarionation puppets are being controlled by the puppeteers who are on a catwalk/bridge above the set, and they are coughing and sneezing on one other.