(Content warning) So it turns out that David Eddings was a convicted and jailed child abuser

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found it. It was posted in the SFF Lounge (what did you blog about today)

There is a comment on the blog stating that's its a different Eddings.
No idea if its true, who knows. I still like the books...

A comment with no evidence behind it - unlike the allegations - which is refuted in the very next comment. Not that said comment actually has any backing either tbf.

I just wanted to see whether there was proof that it wasn't him. This is a big emotional subject and I prefer to concentrate on such facts as there as a result.

A comment with no evidence behind it - unlike the allegations - which is refuted in the very next comment. Not that said comment actually has any backing either tbf.

I just wanted to see whether there was proof that it wasn't him. This is a big emotional subject and I prefer to concentrate on such facts as there as a result.
I guess we'll never know

Just below @Werthead states: "I asked one of his publishers who worked directly with them and they confirmed it's the same David and Leigh Eddings. They were not aware of the situation for some time and were extremely unhappy when the information came out, but since they were both dead by that point there wasn't much they could do at that point. But they confirmed the identities are the same. "

Just below @Werthead states: "I asked one of his publishers who worked directly with them and they confirmed it's the same David and Leigh Eddings. They were not aware of the situation for some time and were extremely unhappy when the information came out, but since they were both dead by that point there wasn't much they could do at that point. But they confirmed the identities are the same. "

Didn't spot that was his account!

Welp, guess we do know.

Status
Not open for further replies.