DISCUSSION THREAD -- April 2020 -- 85-Word Writing Challenge

Guttersnipe presents a bittersweet account of giving up the innocence of childhood for the responsibilities of adulthood.

Bren G paints a portrait of one who is driven to introspection by the grandeur of the cosmos.

Mouse sings of the universal desire to escape the burdens of everyday life.

Astro Pen considers the advantages and disadvantages of a different lifestyle.

AstroZon offers a cautionary tale of trusting too much in first impressions.

BigJ creates a tribute to the power of imagination.

Marvin smiles at the frequent need to settle for something less than the best.

We're up to 10 stories so far (including mine) - that's a great start for early on day 3. Good stories so far, too.

I hope we reach 50 this month. :) Good luck writing, to those still working, CC

@Victoria Silverwolf .... Plain Jane .... Victoria leaves us shaking our heads and awfully glad we don't live in the same world as "Plain Jane" inhabits. Or would we?

@Cat's Cradle .... Open Your Eyes .... Cat makes us think about how we create new worlds and how real they might be.

@Mr Orange .... Picture Perfect .... Mr. O helps us to see that the world we inhabit might soon become the world of our day dreams.

Been a while since I did one of these, but I woke up this morning with an idea (the best way to wake up!), so thought I'd give it a shot. :)

Some great entries so far!

Well I've written one, I enjoyed doing so.
Word count 317! :LOL: :ROFLMAO:

I've decided to tweak it a bit and enter the 300 word challenge with it instead, I'll have to come up with another one for here.
So it goes.

@Garfunkel .... Maybe One Day .... Gar wraps a world of living around a phrase that's only going to be wrong once.

Yahoo! Ten more whole words! That'e nearly two thirds of a stanza. I've used them all - wasting any would seem ungrateful, no?

@chrispenycate .... No direction home .... Chris' cleverly composed poem tells us that the world which once was, is as likely as a fairy tale.

A tale inspired by an old friend of mine and whose imaginary escapades still make me chuckle.

@Luiglin .... Pure Imagination .... Luiglin puts us front and center in a gaming world during a horrific disaster.

Reading the entries I'd like to send someone one of my early short stories but not "publish" it on the main blog.
Is 'start conversation' private messaging or is it visible to all?

@BT Jones .... O Paraíso é .... BT points out that what you are seeing in a new world really depends on who you are and your point of view.
I'm not sure we've ever had a Portuguese title before. Interesting choice.

@Daysman .... The Flag .... Daysman brings us a melancholy look at interesting new world created out of the ruins of the old.

Well, I finally have something. Not sure whether it properly meets the theme (it's more inspired by the 300 worder, which I still haven't got anything for). All depends on the looseness of interpretation of "visit" and "another world". For me, it just about meets it from a certain point of view, but it might not be enough for others.

Trying to decide whether to publish and be damned or sit on it and hope another idea comes along. I'm struggling this month.

@BT Jones .... O Paraíso é .... BT points out that what you are seeing in a new world really depends on who you are and your point of view.
I'm not sure we've ever had a Portuguese title before. Interesting choice.

@Daysman .... The Flag ....
Daysman brings us a melancholy look at interesting new world created out of the ruins of the old.
Thanks @Parson. It just seemed to fit.

Back