1.4 Million Digital Books For Free At The National Emergency Library

@Allegra -- Interesting! .... I looked at To Kill a Mockingbird (I read the Reader's Digest version but never the complete novel.) By the preview it look like it's going to be very small print and scanned. Do you know if that's right?

Parson, I'm not sure how that works, since I have tons of TBR books I don't think I'll need to use their service, just thought someone might. On the home page there are free downloading options for some books.

@Allegra -- Interesting! .... I looked at To Kill a Mockingbird (I read the Reader's Digest version but never the complete novel.) By the preview it look like it's going to be very small print and scanned. Do you know if that's right?

I've been reading there's been a lot of controversy about it, Internet Archive’s National Emergency Library Harms Authors - The Authors Guild is quite scathing about the site:

The Authors Guild is appalled by the Internet Archive’s (IA) announcement that it is now making millions of in-copyright books freely available online without restriction on its Open Library site under the guise of a National Emergency Library. IA has no rights whatsoever to these books, much less to give them away indiscriminately without consent of the publisher or author. We are shocked that the Internet Archive would use the Covid-19 epidemic as an excuse to push copyright law further out to the edges, and in doing so, harm authors, many of whom are already struggling.