By Toutatis it is a dark day - Albert Uderzo

1st patrol (parade order); "We're off to look for the Gauls."

2nd Patrol (been through the wringer) "We found them."

"My garden may be smaller than your Rome, but my pilum is harder than your sternum."

(Both, "Asterix in Britain.")

God's in for a fun time.

I've a complete set of the A4 comic books going back to when they were 70p, and they've always cheered me up. RIP.

"My garden may be smaller than your Rome, but my pilum is harder than your sternum."
I love that one -- a true Brit, defending his lawn!

One of my favourite lines has become a family catchphrase: Asterix is worried the village isn't taking a threat seriously enough as they're talking cooking methods/recipes instead, so he turns to Getafix for help, and Getafix says "Let them stew in their own juices. It brings out the flavour."

Part of my childhood and adulthood
I lived in France for a year, and while there I bought most of the books in the original French and I've still got them. I've also still got all the English translations

and coincidentally, I've just started reading Asterix the Gaul again.

The passing of a great.

Part of my childhood and adulthood
I lived in France for a year, and while there I bought most of the books in the original French and I've still got them. I've also still got all the English translations
There are also Scottish Gaelic translations, which are wonderful.

Great artist. Images from my childhood.
When Goscinny died, the comics really went off the boil as, I think, Uderzo tried to write as well as draw. Prior to that they were sublime