Tim Powers book?

Danny McG

"Uroshnor!"
I'm re-reading Strangers by Dean Koontz.

In it a protagonist named Ginger is idly looking at an unidentified Tim Powers book

The description:
a tale of time-traveling trolls fighting their own secret war against British goblins during the American revolution.

No further mention in the novel, so what book is being described?
Cheers

Ive read several of Tim Power novels

1. The Drawing of the Dark
2. The Anubis Gates
3. Declare
4. The Stress of Her Regard
5. On Stranger Tides

Some of the best fantasy ive ever read.

Good choices. The Anubis Gates is my favorite novel from Tim Powers. Next comes Dinner at Deviant's Palace.

My favourites by a mile are Last Call and Declare. I'm afraid the last three of his I read (including Dinner at Deviant's Palace) I found middling. He often has brilliant ideas he can't write good payoffs for -- which I suppose might be better than someone who has indifferent ideas but knows how to plot them, but it's still frustrating.

For me, Powers is the heavyweight champion, the greatest. I think Last Call might always be my favourite novel, but I enjoy all his work.

My favourites by a mile are Last Call and Declare. I'm afraid the last three of his I read (including Dinner at Deviant's Palace) I found middling. He often has brilliant ideas he can't write good payoffs for -- which I suppose might be better than someone who has indifferent ideas but knows how to plot them, but it's still frustrating.

Declare
would make a great limed tv series. :cool:

Didn't they kinda steal the plot of On Stranger Tides to make a Pirates movie?
Movie rights to the book were optioned by Disney as they wanted to use elements of the book, but they never intended to shoot the same story, I believe. It therefore was neither stolen or mutilated, really, they bought the option so they could use aspects of it. Which seems fair enough.

Movie rights to the book were optioned by Disney as they wanted to use elements of the book, but they never intended to shoot the same story, I believe. It therefore was neither stolen or mutilated, really, they bought the option so they could use aspects of it. Which seems fair enough.
Ok, steal is a bit strong I meant to say what you said about acquiring rights to the book.

Back