The Lord of the Rings: Toughest ever quiz...

Your score: 14 / 15
You should be accounted among the Wise of Middle-earth.

Got the description of the Dead in the wrong place...

7/15, though I only knew 2 of them for sure. There were 2 I didn't go with my gut, which would've made it 9.

The law of averages would say 5/15 knowing nothing.

@Alex The G and T I should have gotten another three if I had not over thought them... and talked myself out of correct answers.

Your score: 9 / 15
You know a lot but your memory is like Barliman Butterbur’s – a lumber-room.

Here's my trivia question...

Butterbur's storage system uses LIFO or FIFO?

I'll pass on this... I don't think of myself as being an expert in Tolkienian lore.

Your score: 9 / 15
You know a lot but your memory is like Barliman Butterbur’s – a lumber-room.

It makes me feel a bit better to know I got the same (miserable, in my estimation) score as you. (Though I'm not sure I could give myself the "overthinking" excuse.) They saved all the hardest ones to the end, too, which is mean.

Here's my trivia question...

Butterbur's storage system uses LIFO or FIFO?

I think it must be FIFO, because "one thing drove out another", and it wasn't the most recent thing that got driven out (though I'm not sure it was the earliest either). Was there anything more specific he said?

@HareBrain I have to use an excuse to keep my sanity. I basically move through life via a series of rationalizations.

And I think FIFO is accurate.

For me it's DEFINITELY Last In First Out: My short term memory is diminishing rapidly but I can still remember the smell of my first kiss at the age of 13...

There's a pub in Whitby called First In Last Out
(y)