10.12: The Walking Dead - Walk With Us

ctg

weaver of the unseen
qNxr1BB.jpg

With Negan's help, Alpha and the Whisperers attack Hilltop.

So... He couldn't do it earlier (say, before Hilltop was destroyed) why exactly?

So... He couldn't do it earlier (say, before Hilltop was destroyed) why exactly?

He was too exposed. Think about it and put yourself in the mind of a killer... or rather a murderer. Negan enjoys splattering brains, but in him in that man who cared for his wife, and then lost everything. I believe it made him mad and there was nobody to stop him from doing anything until Rick showed up.

We all know that Carol is a psychopath and she must have seen her equal in Negan. So, she knew that he would go in a role to hunt for Alpha, and he would do bad things to remain in the role, until he had time to do the deed and earn Carol's voice in the Alexandria. His goal is still to be a king. And I don't think he had any idea that kids were there, when the fire engulfed the Mansion.

If he had, he might exposed himself sooner and got himself killed in midst of everything. Therefore, he couldn't do it. He is not going to sacrifice himself for nothing. What I don't get is why he didn't take out Beta first? Now that big man is going mental and there's nothing stopping him from unleashing his rage. He will whip remaining Whisperers and launch an attack on Alexandria.

Maybe we'll see that place burning up as well and then a big exodus to Naval Yard to meet with Eugene's love.

I'll just leave this here, now if I could only get the lottery numbers;)
I don't think Lydia let him out, my money is on Carol, she probably made a deal with him to take out alpha.

Two of the bravest things I've seen occurred in this episode;
Mary, refusing to get in the van in order to lead the walkers away, she knew it would be her end.

Errol getting the kids too safety then attempting to smash his head into his makeshift Walker prevention table, in order to protect them. Ok it didn't work and our little future empress Judith had to take him out. Is she ever going to be the same sassy little butt kicker we know and love again?
I liked the scene with her and Darryl.

Magna is alive likely Connie is as well.

Beta, I wonder who he really is? He killed the whisperer who recognized him in order too protect his identity. Maybe a high placed politician before the outbreak?

Great episode and I was just going to give a shout out to Nixie who called this way back. Do the Lottery.

I'll just leave this here, now if I could only get the lottery numbers;)

Two of the bravest things I've seen occurred in this episode;
Mary, refusing to get in the van in order to lead the walkers away, she knew it would be her end.

Errol getting the kids too safety then attempting to smash his head into his makeshift Walker prevention table, in order to protect them. Ok it didn't work and our little future empress Judith had to take him out. Is she ever going to be the same sassy little butt kicker we know and love again?
I liked the scene with her and Darryl.

Magna is alive likely Connie is as well.

Beta, I wonder who he really is? He killed the whisperer who recognized him in order too protect his identity. Maybe a high placed politician before the outbreak?
Beta is some kind of rock star. There was an Easter egg in FTWD when a record sleeve was briefly shown with the face of the actor who plays Alpha.

Trying to recount the episode to my wife, we found what seems to be an inconsistency: why did Negan tie up Lydia, if he was going to take Alpha to a different hut anyway?

Trying to recount the episode to my wife, we found what seems to be an inconsistency: why did Negan tie up Lydia, if he was going to take Alpha to a different hut anyway?
Doesn't seem to have served a purpose, other than keeping fans at the edge of their seats for a few minutes.

To keep Lydia from warning her mother?
I thought he couldn't take the chance of Beta or one of the others finding her, ruining his chance of getting Alpha alone or say "hey kid I need you stay here out of the way whilst I kill your mama ". Lydia may not have taking to kindly to that

Or more likely the writers done it for suspense. :)

Beta is some kind of rock star.

Yes, that is the rumour, but we don't know that for sure. He could also be a politician or a local celebrity.

To keep her from wandering off and showing to other Whisperers that she's alive. I thought it was a brilliant move from Negan and it certain did amplify the tension. I for one was certain that she was going to be in that hut. It was a nail-biting moment that they blew as soon as Lydia opened the door.

I got castro- and endoscopy today, but I wanted to comment about this episode or rather lack of the review before I go.

I didn't post it because I didn't wanted to spoil anyone experience even though I wanted to talk about the Hilltop fight. I was glad that they did what I expected and they held against the tidal wave of dead coming through the gates. What I don't get is the fire. Why it didn't spread?

I get that the actors in the costumes are not all stunt people, but when you think about the state of the dead, most of them should be kindle material. The fire should have spread, but it didn't. It was as if the dead were made from fireproof material. Just think about hair, a lot of them should have had a fiery crown, but it wasn't present.

Then there was the other break, one that finally broke the backbone as they found another hole. There's something I cannot accept, but I get that none of their safety measures meant anything at the end. I was also surprised by how many arrows they had stored on the walls. If they had manned the walls, backed them with layer of earth and stones, none of the walls would have come down. Eventually, and in the hindsight, Hilltop should have invested money on secondary wall to surround whole place in old days style.

Well, I guess it's a lesson that the survivors should take in their heart and it's sad that we have to once again abandon another settlement. Will the Alexandria hold Beta's attack is a big question. The advantage they have is the iron walls. Fire isn't going to do much on them, but it can cause havoc at inside, making Michonne's guns even more important than they ever were.

The ending of the hilltop fight was a bit lame in that they didn't show it. It seems the ramblings of goodbyes by some key characters in the previous episode was just a red herring. Also they showed catapults launching but not their effects! But at least a great ending episode ending by Negan. I thought Lydia would have escaped. But either way, Negan just needed Alpha in a quiet spot.

Michonne episode preview was promising.

Killing Beta? The thing with Negan he rarely does anything that doesn't Benefit him (saving Judith in the blizzard apart) Carol has probably made him promises she can't really keep, place on council, maybe?
Being a whisperer doesn't suit Negan, he likes comfort, having a say in the running of Alexandria does, home comforts whilst scheming to take over, right up his street.

Too truly redeem himself, he has to be unselfish, saving Alexandria with no thought for his own safety should do it.

Negan could become the golden boy, if not for a few folks such as Aaron and Daryl who won't be forgiving him anytime soon. But Negan did also help with the blizzard before, so I think he may be able to avoid another jailing.
..That said he did block the escape from Hilltop before the battle.

So was Carol just so upset because she didn't think Negan was going to come through?

Maybe we won't hear too much more of this story this season, hopefully a final fight with Beta (likely Daryl involved again). Eugene has to make his meeting (perhaps taken on a helicopter), Michonne will have her screen time, and is there anything more going on with Alexandria? Maybe the Priest is up to something.

Negan could become the golden boy, if not for a few folks such as Aaron and Daryl who won't be forgiving him anytime soon.

Their hatred of him pales next to Maggie's and of course she is expected to return. She will never forgive or accept Negan under any circumstances

Exiting The Walking Dead star Samantha Morton, who played Alpha until the Whisperer leader was murdered by Negan (Jeffrey Dean Morgan) in "Walk With Us," says she "burst into tears" upon seeing a touching gesture from the Walking Dead crew. In the Greg Nicotero-directed "Walk With Us," Alpha intended to "free" herself and her defector daughter, Lydia (Cassady McClincy), after she refused to take her place as leader of the Whisperers in "Stalker." But Negan, who has been masquerading as a Whisperer after he was set loose from jail by Carol (Melissa McBride), lured Alpha into a trap where he slit her throat before decapitating her.

"Honestly, I burst into tears because they made these t-shirts that said Save Alpha. The whole crew were wearing these Save Alpha t-shirts that they made," Morton told EW of her last days on set. "I was like, 'Oh, I'm going to miss you guys.' They're used to that on the show, I'm not. They're used to it because they're always having people come and go."

"But I fell in love with both living and working in Senoia, and I loved Atlanta," Morton added of her time in Georgia. "I've been working in America since I was 19, and it's a dream come true for me to be in your country, and play an American character. It's like a childhood dream come true whenever I get to do it, so that's where I was at."

Morton's last days were "kind of happy and sad at the same time."

"Really happy because I think we hit a home run. We just achieved such amazing stuff. Jeffrey Dean Morgan — the work we did together blew my mind," she said. "Melissa and I, some of the work that we had to do in the series and everybody — Cassidy [McClincy], and Ryan [Hurst], and Norman [Reedus] — and I just love everybody so much. Even actors I didn't get to do anything with, you just become family. I just was like, 'Oh, I'm going to miss you all so much.' It was the best job ever."

Through it all, Morton particularly enjoyed Season 9 episode 10, "Omega," and Season 10 episode 2, "We Are the End of the World."

Bless. I wonder how much those T-shirts will go?

It was "always" the plan for Negan (Jeffrey Dean Morgan) to infiltrate the Whisperers and murder Alpha (Samantha Morton) in a remixed version of the comic books, says The Walking Dead showrunner Angela Kang. Few characters on the television show receive a fate matching their comic book counterpart, but for Alpha, who was lured into a trap and murdered by Negan before she could kill daughter Lydia (Cassady McClincy), the writers wanted to adhere to the "iconic storyline" from creator Robert Kirkman's comic books with a twist. Alpha's death in "Walk With Us" comes after Negan and Alpha shared an intimate encounter in the midseason 10 premiere, "Squeeze," a departure from the comic.

"We often remix moments from the comics, but I came into the room to break the season feeling very steadfast that we needed to do the Negan [kills] Alpha storyline," Kang told The Hollywood Reporter. "It's such an iconic storyline. But we needed to have our own twist on it, which is why we have Carol."

Another key difference from the comic: it was revealed it was Carol (Melissa McBride) who broke Negan out of jail, setting him loose against Alpha to win her revenge for murdered son Henry (Matt Lintz).

"The emotional aspect of that story is so strong, the idea that they were in it together in this very particular way, but Negan takes his own path toward getting there," Kang said. "But yeah, we were always going to do Negan [killing] Alpha."

Morton's Alpha lasted considerably longer than her comic book counterpart — who never waged war against the survivors at Hilltop as she did in the show, having already died at that point — but Morton, who joined in Season 9, joined The Walking Dead knowing Alpha was a dead woman.

"They explained everything to me that would happen," Morton said. "When you're playing a character like Alpha, it's about supporting the vision of the arc of the show, rather than the individual need of me as an actor who wanted to play Alpha. It would make you sad as an actor who wants to do more with your character, but you're part of a bigger thing in The Walking Dead. The show is bigger than any one character. It's all about the show. It was an amazing feeling to have."