Druss Statue

Syco

Hi all. I have for years been a huge David Gemmell fan as well as a keen model maker. I have always wanted a model depicting my favourite character Druss, but could never find one. So recently having found a great model to start from I decided to have a go at making one myself. I was pleased with my first attempt but felt I could do better. Here is what I have done so far. Really fun to make and will probably be the start of a set of some of Gemmell’s most iconic characters. Hope you like it.

Boaz

Happy Easter!
@Syco I've been buying and painting figs for twenty-five years. Your painting is well done... the metals are suitably subdued... the black leather is not quite matte, not quite semi-gloss... the stubble is a nice touch... free hand (?) tatoos.

But the sculpts are top notch. Very heroic without being absurd! That's a fine line. What size are they? 125mm to the eye? I like the inlay on the belt... and I like not putting inlay on the axe head... those details are appropriate.

No offense, but you're the object of my newest nerd crush.

Syco

@Syco I've been buying and painting figs for twenty-five years. Your painting is well done... the metals are suitably subdued... the black leather is not quite matte, not quite semi-gloss... the stubble is a nice touch... free hand (?) tatoos.

But the sculpts are top notch. Very heroic without being absurd! That's a fine line. What size are they? 125mm to the eye? I like the inlay on the belt... and I like not putting inlay on the axe head... those details are appropriate.

No offense, but you're the object of my newest nerd crush.
Thank you Boaz, it was a labour of love to build, both this and Skillgannon. As for the painting I am by my own admission at best an average painter. This has been a new experience as I’m more used to 35mm scale.

As for size I’d say it’s around 1/11 scale he stands 19cm from the bottom of the base to the top of the helm. Since making him I’ve also built a Regnak in the Armour of bronze, one I’ve titled “Bardan in the void” and am working onmy third and so far successful attempt on Waylander. I also built a special edition as a gift for David Gemmell’s family which they have loved.

As for the nerf crush, awww shucks, crush away.

Attachments

Boaz

Happy Easter!
Eyebrows, eyelids, heavy higher eyelids, nose, chainmail are all incredible. I'm so used to dealing in 15mm (eyes to bottom of foot) that your details are great to see. I also wonder if you sculpt only one off pieces or do you ever cast them for mass production? I am painting some of my friends casts tonight... 15mm fantasy Arabian harem guards.