DISCUSSION THREAD March 2020 75-Word Challenge

My short list was eventually beaten down to: AMR, Cat's cradle, M. Robert Gibson, mosaix, The Dusty Zebra and Ursa Major, with the vote finally going to the dusty one.

And thanks to Hugh, nixie & Victoria Silverwolf for the mentions and obviously johnnyjet and Starbeast for the votes.

Despite a large number of votes from those who did not submit stories, ther are still a lot of those who wrote but have not yet voted (
Abernovo, Ashleyne, BigJ, Calliopenjo, Celine_Brace, Daysman, Justin Swanton, LittleStar, Luiglin, Mad Alice, reiver33, StilLearning, Teresa Edgerton, TheDustyZebra and Ursa major) Deadline approaches at speed, folks.

I’m here. I made it! Deadline shmeadline! :cool:

Some nice entries this month, and is always good to see new faces joining us old timers.

Shortlist
AMB
Gutternsipe
Mosaix
Celine_Brace
Hugh

My vote this time goes to Sule(y)

Shortlist - BT Jones, Cat's Cradle, Sule.

My vote went to BT Jones, nice work! That goes to everyone in fact, you're an inspirational bunch.

Thanks for the vote Bren G! I appreciate the above mentions too.

Hope everyone is doing okay in these troubling times.

I had a difficult time eliminating anything, since every single story was wonderful in its own way this month. And even when I had a long list, it was ... very much a long list.

But here you have my long list, metamorphosing into my (not so) short list:

Parson
Calliopenjo
nixie
sule
johnnyjet
Celine Brace
elvet
Little Star
Perpetual Man
Ursa major
Victoria S
ilverwolf
Daysman

Cat's Cradle
mosaix
chrispenycate
Dann McGrew
Hugh

It was an almost-tie between Hugh and Daysman, but in the end I voted for Daysman, an extraordinary story in an extraordinary month of stories.

A very strong month. My personal short list: David Evil Overlord, Payan, M Robert Gibson, Celine Brace, Mosaix, Daysman and Scarpelius. Vote went to Elckerlyc since I've often suspected that the price of immortality would indeed be jellyfish-like simplicity and hence a very dull eternity!
I'm wondering if Payan knows that you really can turn lead into gold, it's just that you need a nuclear reactor, or a particle accelerator, and it's horrifically inefficient?

My vote went to Teresa. I'm not going to do a short list. There were a number of great stories.

Thanks to Elckerlyc for the stealth vote!

Shortlist - BT Jones, Cat's Cradle, Sule.

My vote went to BT Jones, nice work! That goes to everyone in fact, you're an inspirational bunch.

Thanks for the vote Bren G! I appreciate the above mentions too.

Hope everyone is doing okay in these troubling times.

Many thanks @Simbelmynë. It just goes to show how 'Eye of the Beholder' this month's efforts were.

Here are the full results of the Ursa jury, with the stories in posting order within the categories:

Honourable Mentions:
  • Not a morning person by Daysman
  • ‘Ay, but to die, and go we know not where’ by Luiglin
  • Mentalmorphosis by chrispenycate
  • On a Whim or Stray Thought by johnnyjet

Runners Up:
  • Bette Davis Eyes by Victoria Silverwolf
  • Love Thy Neighbor by Teresa Edgerton
  • Magnum Opus by Elckerlyc

Winner:
  • No Time to Transform by Perpetual Man

Congrats, Daysman. :) Well earned victory.

As for what my story was, well, those who have played or seen gameplay of The Last of Us would understand where I was going with my entry. :eek: I think I'll need to work harder next month...

Congratulations, Daysman! Well done!

And thanks and cake to nixie and chrispy for the lovely votes, and to those who mentioned my story. :inlove:

A forum neophyte, I just missed this. I have not yet explored all the rooms in Chronicles Manor.
I will enter the next battle.
Nice to see other peoples penmanship. To know what I am up against when I unsheath the Sheaffer...

A well deserved win Daysman. Too late to vote I gave you a like. :)
I will trawl back through previous months in search of more.

Too late to vote I gave you a like. :)
I will trawl back through previous months in search of more.

Please don't.

I know you mean well, but it clearly says in the thread where stories are to be posted ** Please do not use the "Like" button in this thread! **

The Discussion threads, like this one, were started specifically so that we would have a place to praise the stories that we like.

Back