DISCUSSION THREAD March 2020 75-Word Challenge

A question for those who sit in judgement on word counts and dodgy hyphens.

I've always written someone's age as "twenty seven" or "ninety three" i.e. two separate words in each case

But because I'd nothing better to do, I've looked on line and I see "twenty-seven" and "ninety-three" as recognised options i.e. one word each.

Is the one word option really OK?

I'm not "those who sit in judgement" but, it's a recognized form and recognized forms are always accepted.

@Ashleyne .... CAKED ..... Ash gives us a very delicious transformation and puts me in mind of an old jingle: "Oh I'm glad I'm not an Oscar Meyer Weiner; that is what I'd never want to be;.Because if I were an Oscar Meyer Weiner; there would soon be nothing left of me."

@pyan .... Fortuna vitrea est; tum cum splendet frangitur... Pyan puts my translation and chemistry to the test, but I now discern that he wants us to understand that when there is transformation sometimes you hope that all that glitters is not gold.

@elvet .... Cured .... Elvet brings us a most hopeful tale of transformation that may yet come to be.

@Hugh .... “Do Fish Swim?” .... Hugh tells a tale of wonderful and wonderfully slow transformation.

A question for those who sit in judgement on word counts and dodgy hyphens.

I've always written someone's age as "twenty seven" or "ninety three" i.e. two separate words in each case

But because I'd nothing better to do, I've looked on line and I see "twenty-seven" and "ninety-three" as recognised options i.e. one word each.

Is the one word option really OK?

That is something you would have to ask a mod, I'm afraid. I would PM Judge or Teresa Edgerton about it, they're the ones who tend to go around the challenge threads the most.

Some good entries this month. Looks like it'll be a hard-fought battle in the end. :eek:

Hmm, last day, less than ten hours to go, and only thirty-five entries - with Culhwch, dannymcg, LittleStar, Margaret Note Spelling, Marvin, Perpetual Man, Shyrka, Star-child, Starbeast, TheDustyZebra, Ursa major and Vince W not yet entered. I hope next month's tenth anniversary summons forth more enthusiasm - who would have thought it would continue this long?

Oh, all right, it's already better than December's, and we know there'll be at least a couple of attempts at the last entry on the last second before the gong sounds, but nostalge about the days it remained above forty-two for years at a time…

Back