DISCUSSION THREAD March 2020 75-Word Challenge

Add me to the list of retired and doing the challenges, but unlike some of the rest of us, I was doing them long before I retired and I am not making any endeavor to write for publication.

@Elckerlyc .... Magnum Opus .... Elck writes a last line that Goggle does not translate. It recognizes the phrase as Finnish, which I strongly doubt, but even if I say it's Latin, which is what I believe, it is not translated. So... doing my best without that probably key phrase ....

Elek gives us a contrast and a transformation which leads to an exclamation.
Edit with @Peter V's help (Thanks!!!) Elek shows us by means of contrast that even when impossible dreams and ambitions succeed the results are not all that they are cracked up to be.

@DannMcGrew .... Mariposa monarca .... Dann made me smile as he personalizes a transformation that is ages old.

@johnnyjet .... On a Whim or Stray Thought .... John helps us to understand that all parents have a tough job and just when you think find a little humor someone gives you a bite.

Last edited:
mosaix transforms into the creator of a look at things from another viewpoint.

chrsipenycate transforms into the creator of the burden of empathy.

AstroZon transforms into the creator of a desperate effort to improve a situation.

Teresa Edgerton transforms into the creator of an unexpected change of heart.

Ian Fortytwo transforms into the creator of pride going before a fall.

sule transforms into the creator of Fate-crossed lovers.

Elckerlyc transforms into the creator of a warning to be careful about what you're looking for.

DannMcGrew transforms into the creator of one who speaks from experience.

johnnyjet transforms into the creator of an apple that doesn't fall far from the tree.

@Vaz .... A Life by the Sword .... tells us a story of a double transformation, to someone whose humanity is in question and back to someone who knows and lives by the only code which leaves room for life. Revenge is never sweet for long.

Thanks for the review Parson. I should never go back to my stories, I've now got a terrible urge to do a re-write.

Just a reminder that there are 22 excellent submissions for the 100 Word Anonymous challenge here .
Voting has started, and the poll can be found here . Any member can vote, even if you have not entered the challenge.
Due to my error when setting the poll, the votes cannot be viewed publicly, so if you wish to voice your support out loud, you can do so here .

@scarpelius .... Fields of butterflies under moonlight .... Scarpe brought me a transformation I'd never considered. Now I might look twice when something beautiful comes flitting by.

@Celine_Brace .... Acceptance in Birkenau .... Celine brings us to the site of perhaps the greatest modern evil and shows us the transformation that changes people and the world.

Celine, Welcome to Chrons and the 75. What an awesome story! Thanks for sharing.

A reminder to those who haven't written their stories yet: there are only a few days left to do so.

But I must say, the stories that have been entered already are excellent!

Back