DISCUSSION THREAD March 2020 75-Word Challenge

Two ideas scratched, couldn't fit a punchline with the cliché riddled first and I think I'd be banned if I posted the second.

Third time lucky?

No. I want to see the one that could get you banned!
Nope, it ended being what could be a touch close to home for those living in the USA. Started out as a bit against bullying and ended up with a school incident. I stopped as soon as I realised where the tale was going.

Nope, it ended being what could be a touch close to home for those living in the USA. Started out as a bit against bullying and ended up with a school incident. I stopped as soon as I realised where the tale was going.
Understandable. I thought maybe it was a bit saucy...

Mine's set in a school - weird we both went that way. I'm not sure if it's too weird to post, though usually my stories are weird, I guess.

@Daysman, really fun story, well done. :)

OK, I got something in. I'll admit it's not an original idea. I did it because I got stuck but I hope the readers like it.

@AMB - A graphic tale of unknowable agony and righteous revenge.
@Justin Swanton - A riff on an all-too-familiar Human compulsion.
@Victoria Silverwolf - Just, wow. I love every word and the painfully prescient closing punchline.
@Karn's Return - I must admit, I find this one open to multiple interpretations; any one of which is curiously enticing.
@Simbelmynë - Another worryingly possible look into the distant future of Humanity and a cracker of a closing line.
@Parson - Amazing Grace generates the most vivid imagery of all of them, I think.
@Daysman - Absolute gold. I can just picture the daughter's facial expression as she hugs the cabinet.
@Calliopenjo - A vivid, emotionally-charged fantasy that perhaps inverts the polarity of this kind of transformation.

And the quality of the work, I think, is tip of the hat to @Teresa Edgerton's excellent choice of theme.

I'm in. Not fantastic but it will do . The idea could have been worth keeping for a 300 as it deserves more words to get the idea over. It was either this or another Dark Lord tale about a werewolf circus troop and the Frankenstein's Monster as a circus ringleader.

Darn, I did it again - posted right after another person had. Apologies, @Luiglin ... I usually try to let another new story have the stage to itself for a good number of hours, before posting my piece. I was editing my entry in the posting thread, and hadn't noticed your own new entry.

Love, the theme choice, Teresa! Had an idea as soon as I saw it. Enjoying the stories already posted, CC

Darn, I did it again - posted right after another person had. Apologies, @Luiglin ... I usually try to let another new story have the stage to itself for a good number of hours, before posting my piece. I was editing my entry in the posting thread, and hadn't noticed your own new entry.

Love, the theme choice, Teresa! Had an idea as soon as I saw it. Enjoying the stories already posted, CC
Don't worry about it. I'm not. I'm more of a backing singer, chorus line or third farmer in the market, while on stage.

Thanks for the review, Victoria!
Bette Davis Eyes is terrific. I have several vote contenders already. Looks to be a great month.

This is a very good theme, in my opinion. Not to mention, previously we had a theme which most people view as 'trivial' and 'narrow'; specific -including me- now we have one with countless possibilities but in a very specific way. Well played, ma'am, well played. :giggle:

What am I doing? Pffft. Once an idea gets in my mind I can't think of any other, even if I can clearly see it is not suitable for a 75 worder attempt. And when I read you guys are writing multiple different stories together... o_O

@Calliopenjo .... My Sixteenth Birthday .... Calli gives us a really interesting inside look at a surprising physical transformation.

@Luiglin .... Ay, but to die, and go we know not where’ .... Luiglin lets us taste the weird confusion of an unexpected transformation.

@Cat's Cradle .... Harm (An Experiment in Integration) .... Cat brings us a sad story of desired and unavailable transformation

-----------

So far the bar is being set very, very, high in this round of stories. Well done! Everyone, Well done!

Thank you for the summary. I do appreciate it. I'd give you a hug if I could.
Thank you, all of you.

Back