What are your thoughts on the movie Hawk the Slayer?

Each to their own.

I don't care what people think of it, I don't care if people thinks it is bad, cheap, cheesy, amateurish, good, great, amazing, whatever.

All I care is that I LIKE it. I love the idea of a magic sword that flies to your hand. Hawk dropped his sword, and all he had to do was hold out his hand, and it magically lift itself up and goes to Hawk's hand. No need to bend down and feel for it, while trying to keep your eyes on the villain, no chance of a risk of trying to quickly look down to find it, then look up to see the enemy coming at you. All you need to do is stand there, keep your eyes on the enemy, and call for your sword to come to your hand.

I always loved it.

Fair enough. Everyone has a certain film they feel passionate :cool:

Im glad this film exists. It is a very entertaining film . :cool:

Last edited:
Each to their own.

I don't care what people think of it, I don't care if people thinks it is bad, cheap, cheesy, amateurish, good, great, amazing, whatever.

All I care is that I LIKE it. I love the idea of a magic sword that flies to your hand. Hawk dropped his sword, and all he had to do was hold out his hand, and it magically lift itself up and goes to Hawk's hand. No need to bend down and feel for it, while trying to keep your eyes on the villain, no chance of a risk of trying to quickly look down to find it, then look up to see the enemy coming at you. All you need to do is stand there, keep your eyes on the enemy, and call for your sword to come to your hand.

I always loved it.

Yeah, it works for Thor, doesn't it?

Fair enough. Everyone has a certain film they feel passionate :cool:

Im glad this film exists. It is a very entertaining film . :cool:

Yeah. Sometimes some movies will end up as a flop or box office bomb, sometimes some movies gets a bad review, some is seen by others to have cheesy plots, and all that stuff.

But there exists a proverb: Speak for yourself.

So there is always people like you and me who finds some movies, specially Hawk the Slayer to be enjoyable.

For me, I like it, I love it.

Yeah, it works for Thor, doesn't it?

I agree, and don't forget it works for the Jedi too.

Always nice if your own weapon could come back to your hand, either the sword itself having magic powers (such as in Hawk the Slayer) or you used the Force (Star Wars), or by means of using a magnet (Arrowverse's Supergirl).

Each to their own.

I always loved it.

You might want to check out the tv film The Archer Fugitive from the Empire 1981 and the Short Lived tv series Wizards and Warriors. :)

If thye did a reboot of this film, my choice to play Hawk the Slayer, Adrian Brody .:)

I rewatched it about a year ago. They had cheap sets and cheap FX but they all doubled down on their characters and took them seriously. I was in high school and had went to my first GenCon convention only a few month earlier. I loved it at the time and used the sword in my AD&D campaign. Jack Palance over acted the crap out of it and it was still good. What was not to like for the guy who started the RPG club.

I rewatched it about a year ago. They had cheap sets and cheap FX but they all doubled down on their characters and took them seriously. I was in high school and had went to my first GenCon convention only a few month earlier. I loved it at the time and used the sword in my AD&D campaign. Jack Palance over acted the crap out of it and it was still good. What was not to like for the guy who started the RPG club.

That's when the fantasy movie craze began . a couple of years later we got Conan, the Sword and Sorcerer , Dragon Slayer , Krull ect.