February / March 100 Word Anonymous Challenge Discussion Thread

Well that means I can get at least one guess correct ;) Well done Shyrka. You also got my vote

Here are my guesses. I've just done my usual thing of matching up alphabetically.
AMB - A Matter of Perspective
Azoraa - A Room With Several Unpleasant Views
BT Jone - Domesticated
Celine_Brace - Home Improvement
Chrispenycat - Jack of all trades
DannMcGrew - Lifepod
Daysman - Longing
EdwinMallory - Lull
Elkerlyc - My name is Amy
elvet - Negligence
Farntfar - Perchance To Dream
Guttersnipe - Quis custodian ipsos custodes?
Ian Fortytwo - Room 143
JJ Maier - Soul Review
Marvin - Starry Night – - Bright Comets Adrift
Mosaix - The field station
M. Robert Gibson - The Outsiders
olive - The Tourist
Peter V - The Watcher
Shyrka - The Tower in the Woods
Starbeast - Views of the Underterra
sule - Words fail
Victoria Silverwolf - the red herring

@M. Robert Gibson Your method got you 2 correct matches.
To make things easier, I will reveal the correct guesses thoughout the day for those that want to play along.
If you’d rather not have it revealed this way, just let me know. I can post the full list anytime.

Red herring was Starbeast
The Tower in the Woods - Shyrka
Lull - EdwinMallory

Last edited:
Here’s the list.
First place with 4 votes @Shyrka The Tower in the Woods
Second place with 3 votes @DannMcGrew Starry Night – - Bright Comets Adrift*
Third place with 2 votes tied @mosaix Perchance to Dream and @sule Room 143*

*The field station - Azoraa
Jack of all trades .......... - Farntfar
The Tourist - Victoria Silverwolf
The Outsiders - Daysman
My name is Amy - Ian Fortytwo
*Negligence - Guttersnipe
Longing - AMB
*The Watcher - BT Jones
*Domesticated - JJ Maier
Lifepod - Chrispenycate
*Lull - EdwinMallory
A Room With Several Unpleasant Views - M. Robert Gibson
Quis custodian ipsos custodes? - Marvin
A Matter of Perspective - elvet
Home Improvement - Peter V
Views of the Underterra - olive
Words fail - Elkerlyc
*Soul Review - Celine_Brace

Entries with asterisks are first timers.
Thank you to everyone who participated and helped to make this our most successful Anonymous Challenge yet!

And thank you, @BT Jones for the mention.

Congratulations Shyrka!

and a heartfelt thanks to Shyrka for the shortlist mention as well as to BT Jones and Celine_Brace for the votes!

Well done @Shyrka (y)

Thanks @BT Jones for the mention.

and thanks @elvet for taking the time and effort to host it. Must take a bit of time up.

Also, and no doubt it’s been covered before, but why is this version of the writing challenges shunned to the workshop area? It’s a nice spin on the idea!

Last edited:
Well done @Shyrka (y)

Thanks @BT Jones for the mention.

and thanks @elvet for taking the time and effort to host it. Must take a bit of time up.

Also, and no doubt it’s been covered before, but why is this version of the writing challenges shunned to the workshop area? It’s a nice spin on the idea!

It's an 'unofficial' challenge, Marvin. Just run for a bit of fun.

And may I add to your thanks offered to @elvet.

It's an 'unofficial' challenge, Marvin. Just run for a bit of fun.
Well if it’s just for fun, and we inmates run the asylum, are people open to ideas on how to further embellish the challenge?
I propose each member can submit two (yes two!) entries for consideration. They can then flex their creative muscle and make them as different as possible to each other, see if others can spot the common author then!

I probably won’t, I struggle with one, but might be cool for others?

Well if it’s just for fun, and we inmates run the asylum, are people open to ideas on how to further embellish the challenge?
I propose each member can submit two (yes two!) entries for consideration. They can then flex their creative muscle and make them as different as possible to each other, see if others can spot the common author then!

I really like the idea. Problem is the host (@elvet this time) would have twice the amount of work to do.

I like the idea too, and would be totally up for it. But, yeah, I can't speak for the poor administrator!

Now that would be fun! Why not? For myself as host, I don't mind. It isn't all that much to do. Mosaix and I have drafed a set of guidelines (hopefully never messing up the poll again :rolleyes::whistle:).

Now that would be fun! Why not? For myself as host, I don't mind. It isn't all that much to do. Mosaix and I have drafed a set of guidelines (hopefully never messing up the poll again :rolleyes::whistle:).
Well we’ve got a 100-free month coming up so there’s plenty of time to think about changes.

Sounds like something we could certainly try for one month. Might be tricky for everyone to manage two though. Sometimes one is hard enough!

I don't think two has to be compulory, but the possibility of writing 2 sounds great.
Obviously the show runner would have to say how many a given author had written before the guessing could commence.
Or maybe not. Just a list of authors and a statement along the lines of 6 of these 13 authors have submitted 2 entries.
Sounds like fun. :giggle:

I like the idea of it being optional. I sometimes struggle with one, even with the two month window, but many-a-time I've seen people commenting on how they wrote one, then had to write another because the first one didn't feel quite right, so with this approach, those authors could enter both, and see if other people agreed with their thoughts.

Imagine though the disappointment/disillusionment if the first story got more votes/mentions than the second :eek: