February / March 100 Word Anonymous Challenge Discussion Thread

elvet

Easily amused
Supporter
I’ll be posting the next challenge at the beginning of the week.
Is there anyone who’d like to take a turn at hosting the challenge?

Just to clarify, hosting the challenge means the entries are PMed to you and you post them under your user name.
If you are interested and want more details you can contact me or @mosaix .
My goal is to get the challenge up by Wednesday.

Thank you for hosting it again, elvet. And the theme. Ooh. It's interesting and challenging. I like it. :)

Max 100. Or better still 98, to have some margin when using compound words. You don't wish your entry to be disqualified because the Jury (or more correct: the Juridical Spell-Checker) rules them to be 2 words.

OK. Did I get it wrong? A room with a view theme is a theme about the preparation of something, right? Like a kitchen part of some process?

You can interpret the theme any way you like. It isn't a hard and fast rule rule.
But if your story doesn't appear to have anything to do with rooms or views, people may be less inclined to vote for it.

An imaginative interpretation of the wording, however, may add to your votes.

OK. Did I get it wrong? A room with a view theme is a theme about the preparation of something, right? Like a kitchen part of some process?
If you feel confused about the theme, you could always try to ‘google’ the phrase.

That's what I did but I did it wrong. I forgot the "A". LOL

Room with a view: "a place where research or planning is done, esp. secret research in wartime. b (as modifier) back-room boys."

A room with a view: "A room with a view means a life that is free and open to adventure and possibility, one that is not too closely confined by the strictures of society."

And the obvious one, the book which is about the second. Right?

The field station: Sometimes we are limited to being passive observers of what we would rather experience directly.

Jack of all trades....: Trying to change the future can have unexpected effects on the present.

The Tourist: Seeing one's self through the eyes of another can be an unpleasant situation.

The Outsiders: Often a task proves to be more extensive than first imagined.

The field station asks if reality is in the eye of the beholder. A great start to the challenge!
Jack of all trades..... a room with a view, and a transformative ability.
The Tourist People watching is often a two way street.
The Outsiders A senior makes his escape.