Terry Jones

Cat's Cradle

Time, now, to read...
Supporter
I remember in the early '70s seeing Monty Python's Flying Circus for the first time, in the States, on public television. It instantly shocked me into a new understanding of comedy, and its potential. I was thrilled.

It's with great sorrow that I post this thread, but also with the hope that we can remember some of our fondest memories of Mr. Jones. Writer, actor, director Terry Jones has passed away at age 77.

Life of Brian (He's not the messiah)

He will be missed.
I can remember having an asthma attack from laughing so much at one of the Ripping Yarns on the BBC. Then I saw Life of Brian [my mum thought it was going to an uplifting Biblical allegory... Yes Mum its its]. After that I discovered Monty Python's Flying Circus and life was never quite the same again...

I never watched Ripping Yarns. Maybe I need to address that.

RIP Terry. You will be missed.

Terry's diagnosis was said to be "primary progressive aphasia". The first sign of this is an inability to remember words, and gradually this extends to all words/speech. It tends to morph into something called "progressive supranuclear palsy" in which balance is affected and it becomes increasingly difficult to swallow food, and eventually impossible. I know this because my sister developed the condition out of the blue, was diagnosed age 56 (while still working) and died at 61. It was only in her last year that she became unable to go out by herself, and prior to that she'd spend long hours most days walking around Hampstead Heath or Kew Gardens. This is exactly what Terry used to do once he became unwell. Hampstead Heath in his case. I'm sure that as the left side of her brain atrophied she became more connected to nature - I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case with Terry.

I still regard The LIfe Of Brian as the funniest movie ever made and Jones was a major part of that. Sad that he's gone.
Yes. I've watched The Big Lebowski more often over the past twenty years, but Life of Brian is still the funniest movie ever made.

FB_IMG_1579804108899.jpg

Terry Jones and Graphm were two of my favorite Python performers . They were the heart soul of Monty Python . :(