Problems with Website today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Custom title not found
Staff member
Supporter
Apologies- I'm sorry, but there are having some ongoing problems with the server, causing the website to run slow today. It might be better just to give SFF Chronicles as miss today until it has been fixed, but if you must post today, then please only click once. When the error messages appear you will find that the post has still got through. If you refresh the page you will see it is there. If you click any further times then we end up with multiple duplicate posts that the Moderators have to remove. Moderators are lazy and they don't like having to do any work. ;)

thanks

Dave

Brian G Turner

Fantasist & Futurist
Staff member
Supporter
My apologies for the issue - last night the hosting company ran an automated repair on the server databsaes which crashed when it hit our 2.5GB search index. That promptly caused our search index to crash. All of which contributed to a lot of double posts, now being removed. :)

My special thanks to the mod team who have been clearing out double posts this morning, and hopefully everything is now more or less fixed - though please do allow a couple of hours for the search function to be properly re-indexed. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.