Foundation on Apple TV

I've always been skeptical that Foundation could be brought to the screen, and I don't know about this attempt, but there's nothing that will stop me from watching it anyway. Also I think Jared Harris is a good choice for Seldon.

Sounds great but...Apple TV? I don't think I even have a device that will support their app, even if I wanted to subscribe to another service...

I've watched the trailer a few times now and something is bothering me. It's been about 40 years since I read Foundation et. al. and I don't recall quite as many guns as the trailer seems to show. This worries me.

I've watched the trailer a few times now and something is bothering me. It's been about 40 years since I read Foundation et. al. and I don't recall quite as many guns as the trailer seems to show. This worries me.

I wouldn't. It's going to be a good one and the thing is Foundation was about the end of civilisation. You cannot have a good end without some guns. I was more excited about the space vehicles. They were almost exact copies from the illustrations going back to eighties. I cannot remember the artist or the name of the book, but they were exciting. Much so like the books.

Most of us don't remember much about the Foundation. Sorry Asimov.

I read it decades ago and my memory is a big foggy . Which is why I need to reread the original 3 books. :unsure:

I would imagine that thye have probably updated the story in places :unsure:

I read it decades ago and my memory is a big foggy . Which is why I need to reread the original 3 books. :unsure:

I would imagine that thye have probably updated the story in places :unsure:
I'm reading the original trilogy now and it's great stuff. The only bits that really need updating are some references to diseases that should be knocked on the head in another 50,000 years and altering the idea of plain fission reactions as a primary source of energy to something a bit more exotic. Other than a few technical details the stories can stand on their own.

Reactions: ctg