"The New Weird"

tegeus-Cromis

a better poet than swordsman
I see that Ann and Jeff Vandermeer's anthology, The New Weird, is out of print and going for ridiculous prices online. I don't understand why this wouldn't be kept in print, or at least made available digitally. Any thoughts? Anyone here know the Vandermeers and might suggest they bring it back into print?

I see that Ann and Jeff Vandermeer's anthology, The New Weird, is out of print and going for ridiculous prices online. I don't understand why this wouldn't be kept in print, or at least made available digitally. Any thoughts? Anyone here know the Vandermeers and might suggest they bring it back into print?
A likely explanation is loss of permission of one of the anthologised stories.

It is one of those quirks of publishing that this happens from time to time - Easy Connections and Easy Freedom by Liz Nugent used to be worth a small fortune.

It could be with a publisher whose first print run hadn’t done well enough to merit a second. It could be a rights issue. It could be that there no longer is a publisher.