Vote for SFFChrons

Dave

Custom title not found
Staff member
Supporter
See K2's post #15 in this thread. Follow the link. As of this moment, still in second and I don't see any list of numbers.
Not only does the list not have figures, but it's static rather than interactive. Until it is updated, it is simply the way things stood whenever it was written.

-K2-

mƎ kn0w dUm!
You have roughly a day left in the voting if you want Distaff entered into the Critters competition: Critters Writers Workshop Readers Poll I didn't want to step on any toes by nominating it, but would be glad to if you cued me in to who you list as the publisher (Independent?). There is also the Cover Art competition to consider: Critters Writers Workshop Readers Poll

Who knows? A surge from folks here might rocket it to the top as a dark horse.

Title: Distaff: A Science Fiction Anthology by Female Authors ~ Publisher: Independent ~ URL: Distaff

I have the entries loaded up and ready to submit! :whistle:

K2

Last edited:

AlexH

I thought I'd posted this in this thread, but it turns out it was in the Distaff thread:
Chrons has moved into first place on the forum poll. How do I know? Because I'm also a member of the forum that was top and it was mentioned there! :oops: So it must be close and either could win.

Jeez, looking at the Critters website always gives my head a nasty crunch. It's like being stuck in a mid-nineties time bubble. Website formatting and style has progressed a bit since then, y'know :)
It's pretty much ran by one busy guy. I don't think it's changed that much since it was launched.

-K2-

mƎ kn0w dUm!
Cover standing has already moved up a notch, and though tied with others, I believe the Distaff anthology has also shifted up in that grouping.

Remember, you can't wear one of these UNLESS YOU VOTE!

K2

-K2-

mƎ kn0w dUm!
Okay, one last bump from me, then I'll leave you folks alone. Both the Distaff Anthology and Cover nominations have climbed more than four places (having to surpass 'tied+/-' entries). If as many who voted for the forum vote for these, then the Chrons family might have an impressive showing.

So, if you haven't voted for an anthology and book cover art yet... tic-tok, time is running out! Naturally, vote for your favorites... in each category.

See the link for the Distaff Anthology: Critters Writers Workshop Readers Poll
and Distaff Cover Art: Critters Writers Workshop Readers Poll
SFFChronicles forum poll: Critters Writers Workshop Readers Poll

K2

Last edited:

-K2-

mƎ kn0w dUm!
Well, that's a great showing. With roughly 22 hours left in the polling, the forum remains in the lead, the Distaff cover has moved up sixteen places to 3rd, and the Distaff anthology is up twenty-one places to 8th. And that's in less than 20 hours. Nicely done folks!

K2

-K2-

mƎ kn0w dUm!
Thank you for helping out with Distaff!
My pleasure! Unfortunately, late voting for contenders has pushed the Distaff Cover back down to 4th, the Distaff Anthology remains at 8th... BUT, there's still 17 hours left in the voting. ;) ;) ;) As to the lead contender regarding anthologies, it's from the very same forum we edged ahead in that competition, and is a 35-year(?) running annual publication. As to the others, I can't say... What I can say is the movement I suspect is due to very few votes. So, if we had a surge from our members, perhaps those that voted for the forum yet didn't follow this thread and aren't aware of the Distaff entries, the Cover might get pushed to 1st, and the anthology... who knows?

K2

AlexH

My pleasure! Unfortunately, late voting for contenders has pushed the Distaff Cover back down to 4th, the Distaff Anthology remains at 8th... BUT, there's still 17 hours left in the voting. ;) ;) ;) As to the lead contender regarding anthologies, it's from the very same forum we edged ahead in that competition, and is a 35-year(?) running annual publication. As to the others, I can't say... What I can say is the movement I suspect is due to very few votes. So, if we had a surge from our members, perhaps those that voted for the forum yet didn't follow this thread and aren't aware of the Distaff entries, the Cover might get pushed to 1st, and the anthology... who knows?

K2
It is 35-year running, yep. It's the one I voted for, though I can't believe I didn't think to suggest Distaff along with the Chrons forum vote! I hadn't spotted the cover art poll.

My assumption with the voting is it'll be tougher to move up from 2nd/3rd/4th, as the spread of votes over those lower will be much less.