The Expanse - 4.04: Retrograde

ctg

weaver of the unseen
18yoSbn.jpg

Drummer and Ashford confront a dangerous person from Naomi's past. Murtry hunts down a target. Bobbie's makes a life-changing confession.

Murtry needs to die. There is no two ways about it. He needs to go. But I don't think Amos is the man for the job, no matter how he boasted about being the one. If I would have been in Holden shoes, I would have ordered Rocinante to shell Murtry's side of the camp without any hesitation.

I'm sorry if that upsets someone, but frankly I'm too old to believe that some corp could be honestly a good thing for the people. Humans are mostly good. You can see that in Bobby's actions as she tried to do the good thing until she couldn't do it anymore. But you can see the other thing in Avasarala, as all she now cares is about keeping herself on top of the UN, instead of being pragmatic about things.

What is so difficult to understand that the humanity needs to expand?

Even the bloody pirates understand that side of the game. And they are not afraid of exploiting it. You all heard what the pirate said about the game they are playing. Nothing has been more black and white than what he said, but as he's pirate, it's hard to trust anything that comes out from his mouth.

So it was kind of surprise that action worked and Drummer let the man go. She should have embraced the dark side and let the captain to be spaced because it is more then likely that her decision comes back haunting her. Holden also should have made sure Murtry was dead after the shelling.

It's like everyone has forgotten the rule number one, always double tap.

I'm sorry if that upsets someone, but frankly I'm too old to believe that some corp could be honestly a good thing for the people.
The struggle between the New Terra settlers and Murtry & Co. is a more murderous version of the same struggle between and scientific colony and the corporate outpost depicted in National Geographic's Mars series.
Corporations may have the means for interplanetary expeditions, but they are highly unlikely to undertake one for the right reasons.
it was kind of surprise that action worked and Drummer let the man go. She should have embraced the dark side and let the captain to be spaced because it is more then likely that her decision comes back haunting her.
You can put a uniform on a Belter, but you can't take the Belter out of the uniform. ;)

Reactions: ctg
The struggle between the New Terra settlers and Murtry & Co. is a more murderous version of the same struggle between and scientific colony and the corporate outpost depicted in National Geographic's Mars series.
Corporations may have the means for interplanetary expeditions, but they are highly unlikely to undertake one for the right reasons.

The truth is we cannot live without them and they cannot all be government owned entities. It's like their mandate is the profit line and we cannot figure out what to do about it.

The truth is we cannot live without them and they cannot all be government owned entities. It's like their mandate is the profit line and we cannot figure out what to do about it.
The best we can hope for are spin-off benefits once the corporations have satisfied stockholder profit expectations.

Never saw such a bunch of rough looking space pirates as this crew , would like to know their back story!

Attachments

• pirates.jpg
    pirates.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 155
I have never seen actor Keon Alexander before , man! he is killing it as Marco Inaros ….

Attachments

• marco.jpg
    marco.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 191