Really slow.

Foxbat

None The Wiser
Supporter
I've noticed in the last week or so, posting in a thread can take an age before it actually finishes. There have been occasions where I've got impatient and wandered off to something else, only to come back later and find that the post has finally been made. I wonder if this is a database issue given there was some bother a little while back?

Edit: Ironically, this post was quite quick so I'm now wondering if it happens more in threads that already have lots of replies (and maybe that's why it's slowing down)

dannymcg

"If Sandfella tickles, giva he a fry"
Ditto for me, a long long time from clicking 'post reply' until it actually happens

Brian G Turner

Fantasist & Futurist
Staff member
Supporter
If anyone sees it happening around particular times for them please do let me know - along with your time zone. :)

dask

dark and stormy knight
I've noticed this for a while now. Always figured it was my out of date desktop. However if I click to go somewhere else, such as "Forums", usually the post has already gone through.

Brian G Turner

Fantasist & Futurist
Staff member
Supporter
I've noticed a huge load of bots, especially from Huwei the past few days so I'm now blocking their IP ranges at the server level.

tinkerdan

∞<Q-Satis
What I've noticed recently is that I type half a sentence and while watching what I'm doing I have to stop because it seems to be slowly displaying one letter at a time until it finally zips the rest across the screen.

olive

≧◔◡◔≦
It's one of the fastest pages for me. Never had a problem. Weird. It's usually the other way around.

Brian G Turner

Fantasist & Futurist
Staff member
Supporter
It was just happening again, with a massive flood of IPs from China Telecom on the forums.

So I've effectively just blocked China from accessing chrons.

Hope I haven't accidentally blocked anybody!

Brian G Turner

Fantasist & Futurist
Staff member
Supporter
Why are the Chinese attacking us? SF is no threat unless you try to define it.
I doubt it was chrons specifically, as much as the server or the network network itself. This stuff sometimes happens, but good to see the hosting company have filters in place for this, and additional security now in place because of this.