Discussion Thread December 2019 75 Word Writing Challenge.

I love it! My mind's already going a hundred miles per hour. Of course I'm contemplating going in a traditional Christmas way.

I love it! My mind's already going a hundred miles per hour. Of course I'm contemplating going in a traditional Christmas way.

Thought you might. ;)

But I think (hope) there's enough scope for people to interpret the theme in multiple ways.

Thanks for starting the threads, Nixie. Would have been difficult for me to do on a smart 'phone.

Good choice, I've got mine written at 79 words so I'll edit and post it soon(ish!)

Good folks, see if you can resist the following online searches after reading Victoria Silverwolf's story:-

Felice Delacroix
Demeter
Icosahedron

I had to look up all three! The urge overpowered me.

@HoopyFrood .... Of Christmas Yet to Come .... Hoopy leaves us with heads spinning as we consider the wonderful techni-gifts yet to come, and yet under the tinsel and the hokum; Christmas love shines in a family.

@dannymcg .... ‘Twas the night before.. .... Danny brings us a gift giver whose gift can sometimes be vastly appreciated by those receiving the gift.

@Victoria Silverwolf .... The Anodyne .... Victoria blesses us with a story of great subtlety where a gift is perfect for the ones gifted with it.

For the sake of clarity, allow me to say that I made up the name of my protagonist out of my own head; it is not intended to be an allusion to another fictional character of which I was not aware until now.
2c7b084dbf2b2c6d8bd34ef3ddc5b2726e231388a78b27edf7e6e5160111f98f.jpg

Christmas Dark Lord or not? Grimdark or happy unicorn time? Decisions, decisions.

@SamMayne .... A Tell-Tale Thaw .... Sam works us through the ultimate gift and a hope for some in the future.

Sam welcome to Chrons and the 75 word challenge. You wrote a very nice story!

@Karn's Return .... Forever Isn't Long Enough .... Karn has us face the question "Is a gift a gift when there is no one to receive it?"

Back