Discussion Thread December 2019 75 Word Writing Challenge.

I love it! My mind's already going a hundred miles per hour. Of course I'm contemplating going in a traditional Christmas way.

I love it! My mind's already going a hundred miles per hour. Of course I'm contemplating going in a traditional Christmas way.

Thought you might. ;)

But I think (hope) there's enough scope for people to interpret the theme in multiple ways.

Thanks for starting the threads, Nixie. Would have been difficult for me to do on a smart 'phone.

Good folks, see if you can resist the following online searches after reading Victoria Silverwolf's story:-

Felice Delacroix
Demeter
Icosahedron

I had to look up all three! The urge overpowered me.

@HoopyFrood .... Of Christmas Yet to Come .... Hoopy leaves us with heads spinning as we consider the wonderful techni-gifts yet to come, and yet under the tinsel and the hokum; Christmas love shines in a family.

@dannymcg .... ‘Twas the night before.. .... Danny brings us a gift giver whose gift can sometimes be vastly appreciated by those receiving the gift.

@Victoria Silverwolf .... The Anodyne .... Victoria blesses us with a story of great subtlety where a gift is perfect for the ones gifted with it.

For the sake of clarity, allow me to say that I made up the name of my protagonist out of my own head; it is not intended to be an allusion to another fictional character of which I was not aware until now.
2c7b084dbf2b2c6d8bd34ef3ddc5b2726e231388a78b27edf7e6e5160111f98f.jpg

Christmas Dark Lord or not? Grimdark or happy unicorn time? Decisions, decisions.

@SamMayne .... A Tell-Tale Thaw .... Sam works us through the ultimate gift and a hope for some in the future.

Sam welcome to Chrons and the 75 word challenge. You wrote a very nice story!

@Karn's Return .... Forever Isn't Long Enough .... Karn has us face the question "Is a gift a gift when there is no one to receive it?"

Back