10.08: The Walking Dead - The World Before

I wonder what Neegan would say to Gabriel about his brutally killing Dante? :unsure:

They have history between them, but I don't think Neegan would push the button for Gabriel. He wouldn't want the priest to have blood in his hands.

Thing that you might forget is that Gabriel is very capable of doing harm. He doesn't want to, but the darkness is there and he only lets it out for the vengeance or if he's forced to kill to live for another day. Even his biblical counterpart was capable of doing great destruction, when he was allowed. So he wouldn't need a warmonger to get over the threshold.

I would think that Gabriel would want to distance himself from unnecessary violence. Nobody but himself got any satisfaction out of killing Dante that way. It is one thing to summarily execute him, after he laughingly said that they would put him on trial, etc., but to kill him slowly, death by 1000 cuts, or whatever you call it, is not consistent with his character. The fact that fearing for his life, he locked his congregation outside, caring nothing for theirs, says he was a weak man. Yet, after his more recent experiences, he had grown 'spiritually' and would not hesitate to risk his life for someone else. No, proving to Dante that his assumption of weakness on the part of the Alexandrians was wrong, would take no more than stabbing him in the gut and mortally wounding him, walking away, leaving him to die slowly, and realize how wrong he had been. The multiple shallow stab woulds inflicted unnecessary suffering on Dante, whom he should have left to the wrath of God in the hereafter. Neegan would never let him out of hearing his critique, even if Neegan had turned good.

Reactions: ctg
I agree. Gabriel also has buried anger, and he released a lot of it to only target he had in his hands. He hates that all the good he has been working towards has been turned sour by the Whisper threat. So it is possible that he could have hold back and used Dante rationally?