Looking for mystery with some fantasy

hitmouse

Try the Thraxas novels by Martin Scott. These are noirish stroies about a hard-bitten down at heel detective who libes above a bar in a sort of Roman-styled fantasy world with wizards, orcs, elves etc. Good fun.

Also second the suggeation of Martin Hughes novels.

CupofJoe

some medals you wear on your heart not your sleeve
And you could add Malcolm Pryce's Aberystwyth Noir series of book. They are set in a slightly alt-reality version of Wales, but the stories are noire tales... I had fun a couple of months ago walking around Aberystwyth trying to find the real-world locations from the directions and descriptions in the book.

BAYLOR

There Are Always new Things to Learn.
Sherlock Holmes and Pinhead in the same story. Gimme, gimme, gimme.
Sherlock Holmes and the Shadwell Shadows by James Lovegrove Its set in HP Lovecrats Universe . Its greet stuff ! :cool:(y) Its book one a trilogy

Sherlock Holmes and the Miskatonic Monstrosities is book 2 :cool:(y)

Sherlock Holmes and the Sussex Sea Devils is book 3 :cool:(y)

BAYLOR

The Spider Robot Titans of Gotham by Novell Page . He was very prolific and and a damned good writer .:cool:(y):)

BAYLOR

The Spider Robot Titans of Gotham by Novell Page . He was very prolific and and a damned good writer .:cool:(y):)
Correction Its actual Robot Titans of Gotham. and not Spider Robots, The hero in thus series scaled The Spider and it the headliner of this book.:oops:

Tirellan

Juliet E McKenna's The Green Man's Heir - really nice use of English folklore tied in to a murder mystery, there's a sequel too The Green Man's Foe.

Margaret Note Spelling

Try to get as far from the explosion as possible.
Several of Terry Pratchett's Discworld fantasy books have strong elements of mystery and police-procedural to them, especially the books featuring the City Watch. (Guards Guards, Men at Arms, Feet of Clay, Jingo, The Fifth Elephant....) Plus, Pratchett has co-authored a book with Neil Gaiman, so if you like Neil Gaiman's stuff, it's bound to be at least somewhat similar.

M. Robert Gibson

I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that
Supporter
I've just been cataloguing my books on Goodreads and I came across this book I'd forgotten about

Not fantasy, but doses of Sci-Fi . Maybe a possibility