November / December 100 Word Anonymous Challenge Discussion Thread

Well done @elvet

As for my own effort I have a disclaimer - I've never watched an episode of Strictly Come Dancing

I also realise that only hard-core Robert E. Howard fans will have known the character names, which probably explains the lack of votes. (It couldn't possibly be because it wasn't very good ;))

Here's a potted glossary, just in case anyone cares

I hope you all feel suitably enlightened.:)

Well done @elvet

As for my own effort I have a disclaimer - I've never watched an episode of Strictly Come Dancing

I also realise that only hard-core Robert E. Howard fans will have known the character names, which probably explains the lack of votes. (It couldn't possibly be because it wasn't very good ;))

Here's a potted glossary, just in case anyone cares

I hope you all feel suitably enlightened.:)
I recognised some of the names. I got a good chuckle from your entry.
I was unwell yesterday, and worried that I would sleep through the deadline, but it worked out ok. There was a wide spread of votes, representing the quality of the stories. A special mention to @gtempel , @MoominAhoy and @olive , who all participated for the first time.
Lastly, my story was inspired by one of my fave dance songs of the past few years:

I'm sad that I didn't get my guesses in on time because I had @Starbeast pegged for the slapstick nature of "Konak the Barbarian"; which also drew my vote. Which was a coin flip away from "Hip Hop" for the vivid imagery of the aching, aging hero lunging painfully through an accidental dragon slaying while accidentally making it look like a dance.

@chrispenycate usually (always?) posts 75's as poetry; so the lyrical tone of "Pavian" suggested, to me, chrispy going incognito and almost succeeding in not writing a poem.

That's about all I had for guesses. I had Victoria down for a couple of maybes; both wrong.

Thank you so much for the vote @M. Robert Gibson. I'm always delighted to be noticed, at all, among these august presentations.

And Congratulations @elvet. Well done.

@Alex The G and T

1577294712691.png
1577294762630.png

Congratulations, elvet.

I keep trying to work on traditional, basic scenes to learn but I couldn't write this one and then tried to 'describe' two scenes, but of course, it didn't work. And I also missed the voting deadline, sorry about that.

The evil mage escapes to our world -randomly- to some square in NYC during a flashmob and possesses a young girl to disguise himself. He is pursued by a good barbarian. He has to return and reveal himself when his 'real' name was shouted at him, so this happens and he gets killed. Then the barbarian dies too in the end because he is heavily wounded.